Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dictator wanna be!

Dictator wanna be!

trump's newest comment...
    "When somebody is president of the United States, the authority is total." Governors are responding... they will decide for their state when it is to be "business as usual."

trump's reelection campaign is suing a Wisconsin tv station for running an anti-trump commercial that pieces together audio clips of the president talking about the coronavirus outbreak. The hope of the trump administration is that the threat of legal action could prompt tv stations to avoid running advertisements that are critical of trump in the midst of a contentious presidential campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    trump's reelection campaign is suing a Wisconsin tv station for running an anti-trump commercial that pieces together audio clips of the president talking about the coronavirus outbreak. The hope of the trump administration is that the threat of legal action could prompt tv stations to avoid running advertisements that are critical of trump in the midst of a contentious presidential campaign.
    I WANT TO SEE THAT!!!!! yes shouting. that has got to be the BEST TV right now

He probably also is unaware of the Bill of Rights..you know.....free speech and all that needless shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I WANT TO SEE THAT!!!!! yes shouting. that has got to be the BEST TV right now

He probably also is unaware of the Bill of Rights..you know.....free speech and all that needless shit!
    He'll probably have FEMA steal Wisconsin's allotment of medical gear--apparently they're doing it all over the country--the perks of an executive with absolute, total power.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    He'll probably have FEMA steal Wisconsin's allotment of medical gear--apparently they're doing it all over the country--the perks of an executive with absolute, total power.
    I have a friend who works CARGO transport in TX. Customs walked in there this morning and helped them stop a shipment of PPE/masks to a private individual in Florida.

Things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmmm

M.A.D. = make America dead. MAD king orange.

Most confirmed cases in the world and we can't even test enough to really have good confirmation numbers (yea sure in truth this needs to be looked at per capita, and potentially ALL countries are fudging figures, but still wow ...).
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    M.A.D. = make America dead. MAD king orange.

Most confirmed cases in the world and we can't even test enough to really have good confirmation numbers (yea sure in truth this needs to be looked at per capita, and potentially ALL countries are fudging figures, but still wow ...).
    All true! Testing still sucks! 15d wait in a Capital city? Ridiculous.

I had quite the chuckle at Coumo's "And then we will have a constitutional crisis like you haven't seen in decades, where states tell the federal government, 'We're not going to follow your order.", when we have that over drugs, firearms, illegal aliens, etc.
    States rights verses federal rights, seems this discussion happened in the late 1800's. The feds normally control you by cutting your federal funding, if you don't follow. Where at least I have seen the states have fight back, is unfunded mandates.

I think the real threat of tyranny isn’t from a crude blowhard like Trump. It comes in more subtle forms. Executive orders to create law when legislators aren’t compliant enough. Selective enforcement of the law to suit the executive’s political interests. “Dear Colleague” letters aimed at eliminating protections for the accused in higher education. Weaponizing the IRS against hostile political groups. Using political opposition “research” to justify prosecutions. Things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think the real threat of tyranny isn’t from a crude blowhard like Trump. It comes in more subtle forms. Executive orders to create law when legislators aren’t compliant enough. Selective enforcement of the law to suit the executive’s political interests. “Dear Colleague” letters aimed at eliminating protections for the accused in higher education. Weaponizing the IRS against hostile political groups. Using political opposition “research” to justify prosecutions. Things like that.
    And where do you suppose these executive orders and creation of laws start from?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    And where do you suppose these executive orders and creation of laws start from?
    Gosh, I dont know. Please tell us.

Thread Information