Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stimulus package

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Hang 'em all.
    What would that accomplish, she asks drily.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    And why on earth does he keep mentioning cruise lines? Most of them aren't even registered in the US, let alone essential to anyone.
    Actually NONE of them are US companies. So NO they should not be getting bailouts from us. Let them get bailed out by the Bahamas or Liberia or whatever other country they have pledged allegiance to. Not to mention, cruise lines are NOT critical to our economy. The world would get along just fine without them.

Thank god the democrats have a bit of spine here. The last thing we need is a free for all giveaway of money to big corporations the way we did in 2008. Rogar is right. An extra day or two to make sure this is done halfway right is well worth the time spent.

He must be planning to buy a cruise line..
    are there any cruise lines owned by russian oligarchs. hmm, actually there might be.
    Trees don't grow on money

I’m hearing they’re getting closer to a deal this morning, achieving a delicate balance of the various necessary pandering and posturing.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I’m hearing they’re getting closer to a deal this morning, achieving a delicate balance of the various necessary pandering and posturing.
    I spent the morning half-listening to the goings-on on the senate floor. Worse than Oscar nite. It appeared that every one of the senators present felt a need to get up and hold forth. At this point, given the choice, I think I'd vote for any one of them that actually said, "you know this has all been said already, I decline my god given right to stand here and stall for another half hour."

Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    I spent the morning half-listening to the goings-on on the senate floor. Worse than Oscar nite. It appeared that every one of the senators present felt a need to get up and hold forth. At this point, given the choice, I think I'd vote for any one of them that actually said, "you know this has all been said already, I decline my god given right to stand here and stall for another half hour."
    Maybe they should all get together and sing “Imagine”.

Yes, that would help tremendously! Or maybe they could all go hang out in the "packed churches" with Trump on Easter Sunday.

I hear we got a deal early this morning. Not clear on the details. Assume the Democrats got at least some of what was in that 1400 page list Pelosi rushed back with. I’ve read funding for “Cats 2” is one possibility.

It doesn’t appear we will each be getting $$ from the Feds. A coworker is insisting we still are, but I’ve read multiple articles and no mention of it.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I'm breathing a sigh of relief. My hours have been cut way back but supposedly $1,200 will be soon entering my life and the lives of many in the 85006.

It's been a stressful time for me, what with elder care issues and work having done a 180 due to the virus and the Mexican border sealed, which very deeply stings. Doing the best I can and to put on a good face for the neighborhood. Rob

Thread Information