Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stimulus package

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Hang 'em all.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Is this really the time to be demanding more solar energy subsidies?
    Or the following, which are reportedly now critical to meet Democrats demands

-Publication of corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards-A bail out on all current debt at the Postal Service-Required early voting-Required same day voter registration -Provisions on official time for union collective bargaining-Full offset of airline emissions by 2025-Publication and reporting of greenhouse gas statistics for individual flights -Retirement plans for community newspaper employees-Federal $15 minimum wage-Permanent paid leave-Study on climate change mitigation efforts
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

No, not essential, just thrown in there to make a point— lots of extraneous items at a time when the focus should be on the people, including seniors on fixed incomes.

Far as I'm concerned at 1.8 trillion they might as well hammer it out until there is some sort of mutual satisfaction. Both sides are playing politics and a few days are not going to matter in the big scheme of things. The more immediate issues I see are medical supplies, test kits, and ventilators. A lot of that is in Donald's court and he's not doing very well.

(And, hang them all).

Yppej
    They should only put in things relevant to the virus such as subsidies to businesses who let employees work from home and for transition to mail-in ballot systems. This will not be the last virus we face and the population is aging. Social distancing should be supported.

And yes hang them all.

Mostly to bail out industries, some of which were going bankrupt anyway having nothing to do with corona virus (well fracking was and the financial sector was already in trouble). Then toss a small bribe to the little people, maybe 1/100th or less of what big businesses got, just in order to you know buy their vote, and hopefully they won't notice how many will die from Trump's mishandling. Wow they think our votes are cheap.

If we lived in a functional country:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...uld-us/608533/

Some people just need money now (not everyone does, but the unemployed do for sure). And in the longer run, there is not going to be much of an economy left. We will have to rebuild, businesses will have gone under (much of what made life in any locality interesting, favorite restaurants, used bookstores, mediation place - aka non-essentials), workers will have lost jobs, and I don't think there will ever be a full rebuilding since much of the country was falling apart ALREADY pre-corona, with infrastructure failing, tent cities full of homeless etc.. And the powers that be never cared about that, so why should they care about a multiple of that. But will stocks go up again? How should I know?
    Trees don't grow on money

ANM, yeah. Let's use ordinary people's desperation as a bargaining chip in getting more for Big in the long run. charming as a dead squirrel in a gutter.

what pisses me off is the first corporation 'The Donald' needs to save is Boeing. Um, how is THAT the American People?

The entire thing is pissing me off. The people don't matter to any of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    what pisses me off is the first corporation 'The Donald' needs to save is Boeing. Um, how is THAT the American People?

The entire thing is pissing me off. The people don't matter to any of them!
    And why on earth does he keep mentioning cruise lines? Most of them aren't even registered in the US, let alone essential to anyone.

He must be planning to buy a cruise line..

Thread Information