Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stimulus package

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    It doesn’t appear we will each be getting $$ from the Feds. A coworker is insisting we still are, but I’ve read multiple articles and no mention of it.
    From MSN.com today:

Direct Payments
    For individuals the package provides direct payments to lower- and middle-income Americans of $1,200 for each adult, as well as $500 for each child. Unemployment insurance would be extended to four months, the benefits would be bolstered by $600 weekly and eligibility would be expanded to cover more workers.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

The legislation would include a one-time $1,200 check that would be sent to most adults making $75,000 or less annually (I can only assume this is some kind of complex adjusted gross income calculation?). A $500 payment would also be sent to cover every child in qualifying households. It now includes the majority of adults who are under the $75,000 threshold and phases the payment out as people’s incomes increase.
    https://www.vox.com/2020/3/25/211927...virus-stimulus
    Trees don't grow on money

Rob, I am surprised that you are working at all. Nevada is completely shutdown.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Rob, I am surprised that you are working at all. Nevada is completely shutdown.
    It's paperwork, deep cleaning of the facility, inventory issues - that kind of thing. My regular role is on hold until further notice. Rob

That makes sense. Glad you are getting some hours. I know you have been saving money also which is good. My kids landlord is willing to work with them which is great. She probably couldn’t rent it anyways given the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    From MSN.com today:

Direct Payments
    For individuals the package provides direct payments to lower- and middle-income Americans of $1,200 for each adult, as well as $500 for each child. Unemployment insurance would be extended to four months, the benefits would be bolstered by $600 weekly and eligibility would be expanded to cover more workers.
    Thank you!

My wife makes a practice of preparing meals and acquiring groceries and supplies for a few people of our acquaintance. It used to be just a few elderly people who had trouble getting around, but lately we’ve been delivering to a couple of families who lost food service jobs. They’re in a really tough spot at the moment. A lot of folks around here who would never think of accepting cash will take food from us. We’re hoping we can still do this without running foul of our State shutdown order.

L, that’s really great!

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    My wife makes a practice of preparing meals and acquiring groceries and supplies for a few people of our acquaintance. It used to be just a few elderly people who had trouble getting around, but lately we’ve been delivering to a couple of families who lost food service jobs. They’re in a really tough spot at the moment. A lot of folks around here who would never think of accepting cash will take food from us. We’re hoping we can still do this without running foul of our State shutdown order.
    Thank you and your wife very much for doing this. My son is in the food service industry and was just about to embark on the busy season up here when everything shut, and now he won't even be able to pay rent past April. Thankfully, he has family support. He's living up here with us until this clears. At least we can feed him. But he still needs rent and cell phone. He doesn't even have a car, thankfully--that would be another expense.

Plus his restaurant just changed hands--a young couple with a 4 month old baby bought it just six weeks ago. Talk about bad timing. I pray for them as well.

Thanks again, Mrs. LDAHL!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Thanks again, Mrs. LDAHL!
    She’s definitely a better person than I am. Everybody says so.

Thread Information