Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Stimulus package

Yppej
    PBS is doing special programming in my area since the schools are shut down and not all students have internet access.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I'm so glad it passed! As I've posted before, in my neighborhood, the airport is (or should I say was?) the biggest employer - you can begin to imagine the scope of job loss in my corner of the world. Lots of my neighbors desperately need that $1,200 plus unemployment soon coming. Thank You DC for getting your act together long enough to put this together and get it signed! Color me grateful. Rob

Rob, our unemployment went up 187%. We are the highest in the nation so I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I'm really interested to see how the stimulus bill plays out in real life. Per what I've read online, unemployment has been extended from 26 to 39 weeks, plus there will be an extra $600 a week for the first 4 months.

I just got laid off yesterday after 13.5 years at the same company, if you hadn't read that otherwise.

The $1200 will be welcome, too!
    Is that right? Extra $600 across the board?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

About the $600, that's what I'm reading everywhere.

Yes that’s what I read too.

Yppej, my son was reading that people that don’t qualify unemployment, haven’t had any earned income are eligible for a payment of 300/week for 4 months. The states have to set up their unemployment sites to do this. Thought you might want to look at it for your son.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Yppej, my son was reading that people that don’t qualify unemployment, haven’t had any earned income are eligible for a payment of 300/week for 4 months. The states have to set up their unemployment sites to do this. Thought you might want to look at it for your son.
    First time I've heard of that! But I can tell you that for people that have traditionally been unable to get unemployment, such as the self-employed, the state websites can't process that stuff. Definitely have to do stuff from scratch for that. IL's won't be ready until possibly sometime in May.

I am sick for all the small businesses who didn't get the SBA loans. In good faith, they kept their employees on the payrolls with benefits. Oops, money ran out. Now they "get to close for good" as they are fully bankrupt! This includes medical practices. Great, just great!

Meanwhile, the 500 Billion for corporations is lining gold pockets. THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    TT I am looking for but not finding anything on this. Thank you though.

Thread Information