Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Social distancing "to do" lists?

Social distancing "to do" lists?

So I created a to do list since I expect we'll all be staying home for a while. Among the tasks on it was to create my version of a "death book" that we had discussed previously. (my sister and I were both eternally grateful that our dad had been meticulous about this, so handling his affairs when he was dying was a relatively straightforward process.) Mine is actually a folder with current statements of all my financial accounts, and a thumb drive with a password vault that has login info for all of them. Just finished it.

Not sure what's next on my list:

• declutter den drawers
    • pare down computer cable collection
    • plant salsa plants seeds (a christmas gift from 15 months ago of seeds for the various things that go in salsa.)
    • reinstall clean version of windows on my aging computer to hopefully extend its life
    • inventory freezer and plan meals with everything in it
    • declutter our main coat/random storage closet

How about the rest of you? Any plans to use this time for productive projects around the house?

Yes and yes and yes there are so many things that could be made new and improved! I'm starting with the garden.

Get off my ass in front of the TV and head into my quilting studios. There are masks to make for my friends. A quilt top for a very ill friend in DC-I offered to finish it for her.

As a recently retired RN, I am consumed by the news and my fear for my colleagues.

Gardnr, I am joining you. Just got my sewing room back, the fabric room sorted and the long arm fixed. Did a simple stipple on one quilt this morning and will load another quilt this afternoon.

I'm amping up my FaceTime usage with my kids.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I'm working full time from home but no commute, and no driving DD around, really saves a lot of time.

* I finished our taxes and have done some deeper-than-usual cleaning around the house, and about 2/3 of the spring yard cleanup.
    * I mixed a new sourdough starter this weekend and have been feeding it, and therefore baking with the discards, every day since. Yesterday: rosemary focaccia. Today:waffles.
    * My next project is to make some face masks for local hospitals, from fabric and elastic that I already had.
    * I hope to be able to plant some vegetable seeds this weekend... the ground should be thawed to at least a foot by then.
    * Also, like jp1, I want to make sure all the household papers are in order.

I got the sheep manure spread on the front lawn, the compost barrel half emptied and spread on the beds, the lawn edging completed, all the wallboards cleaned throughout the house, taxes completed and submitted but need to work on drawers and closets. DGS helped so much to get things done but he has gone home so now it is up to me.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I'm amping up my FaceTime usage with my kids.
    That's cool. Keeping in touch with the people we care about is so important. And is a great way for everyone to stay sane. I've started texting a different friend everyday. There are about 5 people I text at least once a week that don't count. Only people I haven't been in touch with since before this all began.

I just finished creating 3 paper grocery bags full of confetti. As part of organizing/streamlining my finances I decided to get rid of all but the most recent statement for each financial account. It was about a 5 inch tall stack of paper. It's about to all go into the compost bin and get sold to the grape farmers north of town once it's thoroughly decomposed.

I haven't felt like I've been accomplishing much, and DH and I will be doing some thinking and talking about what our new normal looks like with both of us at home. His part-time job did give us some welcome structure to our days, so now it will be totally up to us to create our own structure. A challenge and an opportunity!
    I have been working on a couple of things will some consistency that are pretty cool, but they aren't things that give tangible results, they are more cerebral.
    I'm finally working my way through the JL Collins Stock Series in its entirety: https://jlcollinsnh.com/stock-series/
    I might have already mentioned this one, but I'm also doing a free online course through Yale University Coursera "The Science of Well-Being." I'm really enjoying it so far and it seems like a perfect time to maximize one's happiness: https://www.coursera.org/learn/the-s...gn=EHFxW6yx8Uo

Thread Information