Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imagine by Lennon

Imagine by Lennon

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0fDIZj9BX9U

This version of John Lennon’s “Imagine” has gone viral, but it is not getting the sort of alocades the makers expected, no doubt.

Catherine, haven’t you said in the past this was a favorite of yours? Do you think
    Gale Gadot and her cronies elevated this song?

While I give credence to the idea we are all shut in and cranky and are looking for things to criticize,I have to say I am surprised at bad tamper shown this.

Privileged people singing about “no possessions “while they are closed in their Beverly Hills ivory towers, is silly. Wealthy celebrities with jets to fly off to islands of few people (natural borders Yo) may not croon about their wish for no borders. That is, if they intend to soothe me.

These people are, as always, hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0fDIZj9BX9U

This version of John Lennon’s “Imagine” has gone viral, but it is not getting the sort of alocades the makers expected, no doubt.

Catherine, haven’t you said in the past this was a favorite of yours? Do you think
    Gale Gadot and her cronies elevated this song?

While I give credence to the idea we are all shut in and cranky and are looking for things to criticize,I have to say I am surprised at bad tamper shown this.

Privileged people singing about “no possessions “while they are closed in their Beverly Hills ivory towers, is silly. Wealthy celebrities with jets to fly off to islands of few people (natural borders Yo) may not croon about their wish for no borders. That is, if they intend to soothe me.

These people are, as always, hilarious.
    Well, you know you had me at "Imagine..."

Yeah, I agree it was very self-indulgent. One the one hand, it's great to push the song into another generation for another time. so if it goes viral, great. But that particular rendition was not soul-stirring to me.

Unfortunately, I'm not just a Lennon-lover, but I'm also a theatre lover, so I was just craving SOME production value, which of course we can't get. I was thinking even a flash-mob of real people, which of course is now taboo.

So, no, while it was nice to hear the song and know it still has resonance, it certainly wasn't elevated.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I have to be honest and admit I didn’t recognize most of the people in the video. Maybe it’s a makeup thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I have to be honest and admit I didn’t recognize most of the people in the video. Maybe it’s a makeup thing.
    I take great pride in how few "celebrities" I recognize. I've known for years I was completing my transformation into complete curmudgeonhood. What I didn't anticipate was how satisfying it would be.

Thank you for posting this. I didn't recognize any of them. A few looked a little familiar in a sort of way. I wonder why anyone wants to watch this in the first place.
    so hacked into pieces.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I'm curious....but after your comments decided I'm not THAT curious!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Well, it was better than the Madonna video where she sat naked in a tub filled with rose petals and told us the coronavirus was the great equalizer, affecting her just as much as anyone else.https://pagesix.com/2020/03/22/madon...bathtub-video/

Of course, I'm not certain that was actually her. She didn't look at all familiar.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Well, it was better than the Madonna video where she sat naked in a tub filled with rose petals and told us the coronavirus was the great equalizer, affecting her just as much as anyone else.https://pagesix.com/2020/03/22/madon...bathtub-video/

Of course, I'm not certain that was actually her. She didn't look at all familiar.
    Seriously what the ^&!*# was THAT? ... and to be completely shallow about it, anyone who looks like that naked at age 60 hasn't had much truck with the great equalizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post

OMG. That was terrible. On so many levels.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Wonder Woman? The original I mean.

She had to have fueled some teen fantasies unless she was before your time. But yes it was a lack of make up that made her hard to recognize. I probably knew 4-5 of them. I’ve never heard of Gal Gadot.

Thread Information