Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will vegetable plants be available this spring/summer?

I'm not sure what is available locally, or what is considered "agricultural", but employer's girlfriend (who had a microgreen farm) has been getting all kinds of discount offers, as many of them are expecting to have to throw lots of this stuff away.
    So I guess the next question is how to get them?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    The local insane gardening community are busily producing starts on a large scale, as folks seem to be quite interested in Victory Gardens.
    Insane gardening community cracked me up. I have about seventy five African Violets and about 3/4 at any one time are blooming. People are stunned when they come to my house. I’m always giving away plants and leaves. Irislilly can probably relate.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Insane gardening community cracked me up. I have about seventy five African Violets and about 3/4 at any one time are blooming. People are stunned when they come to my house. I’m always giving away plants and leaves. Irislilly can probably relate.
    I love African Violets, but Silvio loves them too, to eat, so none in our house.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    I'm not sure what is available locally, or what is considered "agricultural", but employer's girlfriend (who had a microgreen farm) has been getting all kinds of discount offers, as many of them are expecting to have to throw lots of this stuff away.
    So I guess the next question is how to get them?
    Microgreens come in their own containers usually, I think. Can you phone in a request and do a wise pick up on location ?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I would love to have a healthy collection of African violets. I don’t do houseplants well at all, tho. DH had some for years, but they have since died We went to the African violet show last year at Missouri botanical Garden’s. The show was wonderful.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I would love to have a healthy collection of African violets. I don’t do houseplants well at all, tho. DH had some for years, but they have since died We went to the African violet show last year at Missouri botanical Garden’s. The show was wonderful.
    one of my racks6D333A1A-CD74-4FCF-98BA-700D951BE058.jpg

not sure why it is sideways. I think I have the perfect conditions to propagate and grow them.

Here ya go flowerseverywhere...

African Violets.jpg

Yppej
    I called my neighborhood garden center today and got no answer no voice mail.

Flowers: Those are wonderful! Thanks for re-orienting, Cathy!

Beautiful African Violets!

On my way to get groceries, I noticed the parking lot at Lowe’s was half full of pallets still shrink-wrapped of soils and soil amendments.
    along with shelter at home orders, we have had significant rain for the last 3 weekends, all keeping people from buying garden supplies.

Thread Information