Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuomo for President?

Cuomo for President?

I've heard rumblings on social media that could be interpreted as "move over Joe Biden, Andrew Cuomo is in town."

I have to say, I am impressed with his leadership and communication style with New Yorkers and the country at large.

Worth thinking about, or is this a "Guiliani 9/11" knee-jerk reaction? Should Biden be scared?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

He would definitely be the better choice.

de Blasio if I had a choice
    Trees don't grow on money

He has been most impressive in advocating for his state. He puts our President to shame. 'I don't believe we will need 30,000 ventilators. I just don't believe it'.

Well as a former Nurse Leader, I can tell you when the President is in your town, you have everything possibly needed for any emergency he might need, including staff and Drs, on standby doing nothing else. Period.

So, the resources he is going to need? At the ready. grrrr

Even though he's the gov of the state next door, I don't know a lot about Cuomo, but I think lionizing him shows how low our standards have gotten. He's doing a competent job--and that's not intended as an insult. Of course, alongside Trump, Cuomo looks like a blend of Lincoln and Roosevelt, with a dash of Eisenhower thrown in, but almost anybody would. The gov of my state, Ned Lamont, has also shown competent leadership--he's been consistently calm, given accurate but hopeful information, and has acted aggressively to promote the solutions that are available to him. But he's not as high-profile because he's governor of a much smaller state with far fewer cases. Other governors have been doing a capable job as well.

In a crisis, people look for leadership, and since none has been forthcoming from Trump, people are casting around for someone to give them hope. IMHO Giuliani got far too much credit for his actions following 9/11--again, he was competent. He did his job, but most New Yorkers were only too happy to see the last of him when the smoke cleared, and his subsequent career has been a sad saga of opportunism and corruption. Likewise Chris Christie, who following Sandy was re-elected with the highest approval rating of any governor in this history of his state, and a few years later left office with the lowest rating because time showed him to be just another corrupt, greedy Republican.

Geila
    If we're nominating governors I'm throwing Gavin Newsom's name in the ring!

I could well understand how Democrats might hope this disease will provide the opportunity for acclaiming some new leftist Lochinvar to save them from consummating with Joe Biden.

Oddly, despite the constant Orange Man Bad drumbeat in the media, his numbers seem to be improving. I haven’t been especially impressed by his performance; but I also haven’t been impressed by some of the antics and posturing of his enemies.

My governor flies mostly under the radar, though recently Trump berated him for his "complaining" and his "take, take, take" attitude. Washington sends more tax monies to the federal government than it gets back. And states are entitled to cooperation during national crises. As many have said--every day, when I think Trump can't go any lower, he surprises me and does just that.

I agree that Governor Cuomo is doing a great job being informative and protective of his constituents.

I really like our governor, Charlie Baker. He is a Massachusetts republican governor, and we've has some really good ones. Look at who has stood up to Trump: Bill Weld, Mitt Romney. I'm not sure how we manage it, but we often have a successful combination of a Dem legislature and a Rep governor, and they are able to work together and get stuff done.

I despise IL's governor. JB Pritzer. Guess what his nickname is? Prickster.

Has nothing to due with how he's handling the plague. Typical Cook County Dem. 'Nuff said. Dude had toilets pulled out of his Gold Coast mansion to avoid $300K in property taxes. He supposedly later paid them, but I understand he's under investigation for it. It's common for IL governors to go to prison.

Thread Information