Thread: Tiger King

Tiger King

I haven't posted on here for quite awhile... Looks like we need to have a little diversion here
    Who all has the time to watch this train wreck? My FB description is : Timothy Treadwell ( From the 2006 documentary Grizzly Man) Scarface, Sister Wives, Marlin Perkin's Mutual Of Omaha Wild Kingdom, a pinch of Brokeback Mountain, Breaking Bad, PT Barnum, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, with a twisted version of Steve Erwin , a dash of PETA and unsolved death/murder thrown in for good measure.
    Discuss

Funny!!

Wow, I guess this show is the latest thing. My DS and DD recommended it, so we watched the first episode last night. It's mildly entertaining, but I don't see the huge draw. I'm not dying to see the second episode. It reminds me how different people can be. Good description, boss mare!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

My quite opinionated take is that the more popular a TV show is the less likely it will be a great TV show. To me the great ones take more thought and are unexpected.

In addition, I will not watch most things involving animals due to the long standing abuse they have suffered for all our entertainment. I don't even like computer animated ones.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post

In addition, I will not watch most things involving animals due to the long standing abuse they have suffered for all our entertainment. I don't even like computer animated ones.
    Then stay away, sweetana. It would definitely raise your blood pressure.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Then stay away, sweetana. It would definitely raise your blood pressure.
    ok, thanks. I was staying away due to concerns about this.

I am guessing that this is playing on a streaming service? Since I don't pay for any tv, I guess I will sit this out as well.

Those watching - enjoy!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I thought the description you provided was funny but no I wouldn’t watch it either.

I don't like to be reminded how stupid humans can be; I watched about ten minutes of Tiger King and couldn't go any further. Somehow I ended up watching Kinsey with Liam Neeson instead.
    I would hope that the current pandemic will put a cease to raising, trading, profiting from wild animals.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    My quite opinionated take is that the more popular a TV show is the less likely it will be a great TV show. To me the great ones take more thought and are unexpected.

It does seem to be a crowd favorite, from what I can tell. I won't be watching for the reasons Sweetana laid out. programming could be so much better than it is.

Thread Information