Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Unintended Downside to Stimulus Checks?

The stimulus check appears it will come in time to pay May rent, if the 3 week timeline I read about for direct deposits is correct.

My parents file jointly and my mother wants to use their $2400 to buy cemetery plot(s) in case Covid gets them later, but my dad thinks she is being morbid and doesn't want to.

Y, if your Dad is a veteran he can go into a federal cemetery for free and a small cost for your Mom. We secured our spots years ago. My mom and aunt bought theirs and my Mom died 30 yrs later. My aunt is still alive at 95. They were ready when their husbands died. It's smart to plan ahead and takes a huge burden off the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Y, if your Dad is a veteran he can go into a federal cemetery for free and a small cost for your Mom. We secured our spots years ago. My mom and aunt bought theirs and my Mom died 30 yrs later. My aunt is still alive at 95. They were ready when their husbands died. It's smart to plan ahead and takes a huge burden off the kids.
    I don't know about others, but the Willamette National Cemetery in Oregon, where my mother, father, and partner are all interred is lovely.

ETA: Willamette National.jpg

TT he is not a veteran, and neither is my mother. Jane he lived in Oregon as a boy but has been on the East Coast for over 50 years now. That is lovely though.

Spent the past few months researching and trying out mattresses, so part of our checks will go toward a new mattress. The rest will go to the emergency fund. Husband is working from home, so our expenses are covered with enough to support local restaurants to get take out twice a week.

Thread Information