Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings

Greetings

Hello from Northern Illinois.

I was wandering around google search and found this site, and it seemed to fit me. I have a small place atm, but I have spent large chunks of my life (Im 47) being able to fit everything I own in a car, without the car looking like it contains all I own lol.

I install gutter, which I love but its a financial downgrade from what I used to do, so Im concentrating on having a few nice things instead of lots of cheap things.

I mostly joined up because of one single stellar post on this site, that I ran across at random.

Yppej
    Welcome. You have me curious which post.

I can't be assed to go scrounge for it and link it.

It was a post about second hand clothes, specifically a spotless white t-shirt, and something about a stick, eggs, and eating like a cat. Definitely a hint of genius in that post. It touched me. I had to register.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Welcome. You have me curious which post.
    #29 on this thread

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...ss+shirt+stick

a post by kib, one of our more gifted writers.

Thanks. A lot of the folks here are well spoken, which is nice to see. I hang with a rough crowd. Shouting and grunts, communication through threatening postures and dark looks...

from Southern Ontario. I was surprised to hear that you install 'gutter'. There are a number of US expressions that are different in Canada such as eavestroughs for guttering. I thought gutter was an English, UK usage.
    Another time at a truck stop in the US, I asked people sitting at the table beside me for a 'serviette' as the dispenser at my table was empty. They were very friendly, trying to help and understand until one of their party suddenly said, "You must be from Canada, they are called 'napkins' in the US."
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Welcome, KnownRogue. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Quote Originally Posted by KnownRogue View Post
    Thanks. A lot of the folks here are well spoken, which is nice to see. I hang with a rough crowd. Shouting and grunts, communication through threatening postures and dark looks...
    That can be effective in the right circumstances, haha.

Good to see you here! I saw a couple of your posts already this morning; I'm looking forward to more.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information