Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nationwide lockdown?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    IL's stay at home order was just extended to 4/30.
    Tradd, you asked me yesterday how long the lockdown in Arizona will be. Today Governor Ducey offered the same date - April 30th, with a political get out of jail card attached by adding that the date could end out being extended. How's your lockdown going? Sorry about your job loss, btw.....you come across as someone who gives their all at work and takes their job seriously. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Tradd, you asked me yesterday how long the lockdown in Arizona will be. Today Governor Ducey offered the same date - April 30th, with a political get out of jail card attached by adding that the date could end out being extended. How's your lockdown going? Sorry about your job loss, btw.....you come across as someone who gives their all at work and takes their job seriously. Rob
    Thanks, Rob! The IL gov said it could possible end earlier as well, if possible.

Mine is going OK. Had a call yesterday with a recruiter about a global trade analyst position. Went well. They're setting up a phone interview with the company for me. Finished resume today and sent it off. Got my last paycheck from old company today. It was about $800 more than I expected. I was able to cover all my bills, including rent and car payment, through the end of May. I went ahead and paid everything ahead. Glad to have that taken care of. Have a tidy sum left and that will allow me to dive at the local quarry in May, if it reopens then. Waiting for unemployment packet (applied online last Thursday) and just spending a lot of time reading and staying in touch with friends.

How are you doing?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Thanks, Rob! The IL gov said it could possible end earlier as well, if possible.

Mine is going OK. Had a call yesterday with a recruiter about a global trade analyst position. Went well. They're setting up a phone interview with the company for me. Finished resume today and sent it off. Got my last paycheck from old company today. It was about $800 more than I expected. I was able to cover all my bills, including rent and car payment, through the end of May. I went ahead and paid everything ahead. Glad to have that taken care of. Have a tidy sum left and that will allow me to dive at the local quarry in May, if it reopens then. Waiting for unemployment packet (applied online last Thursday) and just spending a lot of time reading and staying in touch with friends.

How are you doing?
    Sorry it's taken me a bit to reply, Tradd. I am doing OK overall - and very grateful that I've saved money since being promoted. I've just been furloughed and am wondering in regards to the long term viability of the conference/convention industry going forward.

Good luck to you as you pursue this new position! I myself am thinking of attempting a switch to a low level supervisor job in the grocery biz. I'm thinking hospitality in general will not be the same biz that I have known going forward.

Bills on the process of being paid for April and the money is there to pay them. For once I find myself in a position in life that others might want to be in - low overhead and some money saved. For once in my life, I truly can not complain.

Let's all hang in there and get to the other side of this! Rob

Thread Information