Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nationwide lockdown?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I think this would be a good time for Washington State and BC to split off on their own.
    Viva Cascadia!

How would it be enforced? How would this work on those where the border is across the street (state line road, grocery store across the street)? I think on a federal level, this would take an act of martial law, and I for one, don't wish to let them suspend my constitutional rights. (seems that Ben guy had a quote about freedom/security)
    While a lockdown would slow the spread, how do you think it would stop it? This is a virus, with no current medicine, like a "flu shot" that will help prevent infection, or reinfection for those at risk. Until effective drugs are available, this will be a long term problem (years).
    Surprised we are not seeing more "save the planet" people rejoicing, as a population reducing pandemic, will reduce the number of people using up resources.
    Also, how are you going to deal with those that are considered essential? We still move about in this and as on a border (or in the case of medical supplies, etc), things do have to move across state lines (you going to shut down all the trucks bringing in groceries/gas, etc)?
    This will kill a bunch of people, like the Spanish flu, however it will bankrupt more.

Woot!! Should we bring PDX with us though?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Woot!! Should we bring PDX with us though?
    I think so, but I'm biased. The part of Oregon west of the Cascades, maybe.

My parents honeymooned in Victoria.I wish they had fallen in love with it and moved there.

If you want to be a blue/progressive state/country, you'll keep the large urban areas. If you want to be a red state, why not just stay in the U.S. then because it surely is - the red and the orange.
    Trees don't grow on money

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Got off the phone with my Cousin Astrid in Vienna awhile ago. It seems that Austria is under a more restrictive lockdown than I will be starting at 5 PM today in Arizona. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    If you want to be a blue/progressive state/country, you'll keep the large urban areas. If you want to be a red state, why not just stay in the U.S. then because it surely is - the red and the orange.
    The PNW is politically divided by the Cascades. Progressive west of the mountains, conservative in the eastern, rural parts. Generally speaking.

Well, the current data shows that the Stay at Home order in California is indeed working, so it certainly should be considered for other areas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    The PNW is politically divided by the Cascades. Progressive west of the mountains, conservative in the eastern, rural parts. Generally speaking.
    For sure. The East wants t join Idaho. And northern Idaho wants to break off and join Montana. The domino effect to create Red states could be massive!

Well Idaho is a Red state but the capital of Boise is dominantly Blue with some Blue scattered around all communities.

IL's stay at home order was just extended to 4/30.

Thread Information