Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this a horrible time to buy a house?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Well guys, we decided after much discussion not to do this right now. There is already enough anxiety going on. For now, we will enjoy our comfy, remodeled house with a beautiful view of Pike's Peak and FaceTime with family; very, very grateful to have what we have. Who knows what will happen to the real estate market in the foreseeable future?
    That sounds very sensible, whatever makes your anxiety levels lower sounds good.

Pinkytoe, I think that's a good decision.

Our closing dates have been moved up to next week. I guess our buyers are going to come thru. First they wanted to close on 4/20, then 4/13, then recently back to 4/20. Yesterday they asked if we could close on 4/7. I said sure, I’m picking up a truck today, and my son is taking Friday off to help me load and take stuff to a storage unit.

We are going to close on our new house now on 4/8. My wife is going to stay a couple days at my sons house and I’m going to stay on a friends boat. My sons house is a little bit to noisy for me to stay a long time with our very active grandkids.

Not sure how the stay at home rules affect things, but its essential to me, and I won’t be coming into contact with many people.

I think a boat sounds like a great place to quarantine! Well, not here, where it's 30 degrees, but where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Not sure how the stay at home rules affect things, but its essential to me, and I won’t be coming into contact with many people.
    Different state, of course, but we have friends of ours moving this month from their single-family home to a 55+ "community" and the move fits within "essential travel" here.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I think a boat sounds like a great place to quarantine! Well, not here, where it's 30 degrees, but where you are.
    Here it is important that it has air conditioning. Highs here are in the upper 80’s. It is a nice boat, I’ll only need to stay probably one or two nights. Also it’s docked behind his house, it takes about 10 minutes to get to the gulf.

He offered to put us up in his house, he has a few spare bedrooms. But since it’s just me I figured I’d rather stay out of their way.

I am thinking that for many of us who were getting ready to sell or buy, it may be a very long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I am thinking that for many of us who were getting ready to sell or buy, it may be a very long wait.
    Our daughter made an offer on a house on Monday. The seller countered on Tuesday and they came to an agreement yesterday. They're expecting to close in early May, after the seller has an opportunity to replace the roof.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information