Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creating a hair timer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Creating a hair timer

For the last 20 years or so I've kept my hair short. Every three weeks SO cuts it with a #1 blade on the sides and a #3 blade on top. Today I decided to have him use the #1 blade on all of it. The plan is to not cut it until the current social distancing rules end. This is what it looks like now:

JP now.jpg

Hopefully life will get back to normal before it looks like this (taken a little over 30 years ago when I was in college).

JP then.jpg

Not that bad looking!

We bought a hair trimmer set at Costco a few months ago, but have been too chicken to use it. It's time may have come, however.
    Looks good, JP!

Looks good! Um... maybe get a few hair elastics, just in case! LOL
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Looks good! Um... maybe get a few hair elastics, just in case! LOL
    I seriously hope this doesn't go on that long! I don't even own any sort of comb or brush...

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I seriously hope this doesn't go on that long! I don't even own any sort of comb or brush...
    Hmmm... have a veggie scrubber brush? Might for a "short" while. LOL

I haven't colored my hair in decades. It's a slowly greying brown, and I actually like it. Last cut was about 3 weeks ago and was a home cut.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

My dad says he’s going to grow a beard and a ponytail. Mom is upset that her hair will get long and the grey will grow out.

Ddil got literally the last haircut in her town and chopped it four inches higher than ever.

meanwhile I’ve been cutting Dh hair with the goat trimmers for years and mine was last cut in 2003, last dyed in college on a whim.

my biggest hair challenge will be remembering to brush it before I teach today. So often I forget and do it in the car at a stoplight or the school parking lot.

All the stuff we take for granted is funny. My hair hasn’t been colored in almost 4 months and it’s white). I cut a inch off myself. At this point the least of my worries.

jp1, so nice to "see" you!!! The minimal hair look is great. I'm still on a neighborhood group with NJ folks, and I see some of my NJ whiners complaining about who will do their hair..

#FirstWorldProblems.

I plan on growing mine out and if I have to do a Jane Goodall with the grey ponytail style, I'm all in.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Why is it first world problems if you still have to look presentable to go to the office etc.? Not everyone is work from home. It seems to me the obviously privileged people at this point, who don't have a right to judge anyone, are those employed and working from home. But others still have to show up at jobs etc..
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information