Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Creating a hair timer

I haven’t had a professional haircut since about 1980. So, my head is fine. DH will need some trimming.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    For the last 20 years or so I've kept my hair short. Every three weeks SO cuts it with a #1 blade on the sides and a #3 blade on top. Today I decided to have him use the #1 blade on all of it. The plan is to not cut it until the current social distancing rules end.
    I've been cutting my own hair for the past 20 years or so, typically using a #2 or #3, depending on how I feel at the moment, and sporting one length for sides and top. I tried a #1 once but thought it made me look like Nancy's friend Sluggo.

Once I retired and stopped shaving I applied the same rule to beard and hair, cutting everything the same length and waiting until I got to the stage where I appeared to have perpetual bed head.

Here's examples of both sides of the spectrum.

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Who decided that hair stylist is an essential service? says she who now really really needs a trim? I managed to cut my bangs somewhat but the rest is out of my skill set.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Good looking facial hair, Alan!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I tried a #1 once but thought it made me look like Nancy's friend Sluggo.
    I hadn't noticed it initially, but having inspected my new do more closely I totally understand about the Sluggo look. For the next week or two until it grows out a bit if I go sit out on the deck I will need to either wear a hat or put sunscreen on the top of my head...

OMG. Ten weeks in I am reminded on a daily basis why I went to the "buzz it all down every 3 weeks" plan all those years ago. Now that restaurants in San Francisco are going to be opening for outside dining on Monday I've decided to end this horribly thought out experiment. I can't imagine how people like Crystal Gayle get through the day.

2020-06-10 18.39.35.jpg

new jp.jpg

I'm also reminded that the forum software programmers are idiots, but that's a topic for another day.

Not bad at all, jp1.

I've always gotten really short hair cuts and then just let it grow out for months and months. I'm in a "let it grow out" phase and can actually pull it back into a tiny little pony tail! It's enough to help in the hot summer days, so looks like I'll be growing it out for a while.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I was very happy to get my hair cut and colored a few weeks ago. They only had one customer at a time and you had to wait in your car until your turn. We were masked and my hairdresser said he cleaned everything between people. His wife works in a nursing home so he is aware of how important it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I was very happy to get my hair cut and colored a few weeks ago. They only had one customer at a time and you had to wait in your car until your turn. We were masked and my hairdresser said he cleaned everything between people. His wife works in a nursing home so he is aware of how important it is.
    The situation with the two hair stylists in MO who had 140 clients while they were symptomatic, yet infected zero of them, highlights the critical importance of following all the health guidance regarding spread of this disease. Which they apparently did.

If someone other than SO was my hair stylist I would be calling them to inquire what they were doing. If they didn't seem to be taking it seriously I'd be looking elsewhere for a stylist.

Thread Information