Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: How is everyone holding up?

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post

what the hell do I have to be down about? I am healthy. I am safe at home. I am sewing masks to help people be a bit safer than with nothing. I have fabric. I can afford fabric. I have food. I can go to the store so my high-risk senior friends can stay home and stay safe.

And, I have a cabin to go to. It is never rented out. I can pack up some food and retreat. I don't have to go into the community for anything and risk exposing myself or them of anything I might be carrying.

I am BLESSED
    I don't understand people who have food, shelter, the technology to keep in touch, and enough money--not to mention good health--who are complaining about spending a month or two staying in for the good of their community. If ever there were a time to count your blessings, this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I don't understand people who have food, shelter, the technology to keep in touch, and enough money--not to mention good health--who are complaining about spending a month or two staying in for the good of their community. If ever there were a time to count your blessings, this is it.
    +2 counting Gardnr's as well
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

People face all kinds of challenges that we may not know about and may not see.

I am praying for peace for all of us, and hoping we all get through to a brighter place, in this realm or the next.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    +2 counting Gardnr's as well
    +3. We have everything we need and want. Dh has reduced hours and we're enjoying the extra time spent together.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    agreed. Our own situation is so simple and safe that I marvel. Sure that could change but so far all as well, we could keep this up indefinitely. I also think that those of us who are very vulnerable to the extreme effects of this virus need to take extra precautions both for our own good and for that of our community.

I feel so sorry for those who had a sudden loss of income or business, or for those who are concerned about their childrenOr parents health or financial stability.

It’s not just staying home but it’s the anxiety of not knowing who will get the virus and the outcome. It’s also unsettling not to know when we can go out again. Talking to people on the phone is not the same as seeing them and touching them. People miss getting together in groups and the experiences of doing things together.

I went to see my parents and brother today but only stayed a little over an hour. Despite being bundled up it was chilly outdoors, where we stayed about 10 feet apart. I probably will not try again until temps get in the 60's.

Many of us will lose our elders in nursing homes and not even get to see them again. My MIL was sent to the ER last night as she fell and broke her elbow at her assisted living place. I am thinking that was not a smart move for her sake. But that has been her story for the last five years - a trip to the ER every few months. I feel DH and I and immediate family are very fortunate at this point but I do see DH starting to get very negative about the situation; it makes it hard to be around him sometimes. MY SIL was furloughed from the nasty religious retailer that refused to close. Approaching 60 and with very little savings, I feel for her. Her husband will be next...

PT, that's so sad. People are dying alone in hospitals and the staff is with them trying to comfort them. Imagine the toll that will take emotionally. My husband was grumpy yesterday. This is taking a big emotional/mental health toll on many.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Many of us will lose our elders in nursing homes and not even get to see them again. My MIL was sent to the ER last night as she fell and broke her elbow at her assisted living place. I am thinking that was not a smart move for her sake. But that has been her story for the last five years - a trip to the ER every few months. I feel DH and I and immediate family are very fortunate at this point but I do see DH starting to get very negative about the situation; it makes it hard to be around him sometimes. MY SIL was furloughed from the nasty religious retailer that refused to close. Approaching 60 and with very little savings, I feel for her. Her husband will be next...
    Pinkytoe, we are going through this with my parents. They are on complete lockdown, no visitors, the idea of not being able to see or touch them again--they are both in their 90's. It has been unimaginable, how this feels.

I am so sorry that your mil broke her elbow. I was told if anything happened my parents would not be allowed to go to the hospital; they have made arrangements to treat them in house, which means some residents may die there, alone.

Thread Information