Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: How is everyone holding up?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    If I was in a nursing home I would be hoping to get the virus.
    That's an interesting twist on Euthanasia.

My parents are in a facility that is in lockdown. They are 91 and 93. They have no desire to get the illness; they miss socializing with their friends, and they plan to live to be a hundred.

They have made new friends there, enjoy the company of other residents, and until the lockdown, loved visits from my brother and my son and their great-daughters.

I guess everyone's experience is different.

Tybee, I am glad your parents are happy. I wouldn’t be.

AF2A13D0-D057-476F-9EF6-C81DE46F1E5D.jpg

I got my new to me bike today. Raleigh is the mfg. Gal I got it from said it was $300 in 2008. I looked it up since I’m not familiar with the mfg. Current model is $520. Medium quality. I’m used to cheapo bikes from Walmart. Has a nice cushy seat. Too windy to ride today. Will get out tomorrow.

It was an extra so the gal just gave it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Tybee, I am glad your parents are happy. I wouldn’t be.
    The funny thing was they fought leaving their home tooth and nail and tried to starve themselves at home.

Once they got into a rehab facility, they turned around, and found a newfound desire to live.

I think they were so isolated at home, and now they are no longer isolated, and much happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    AF2A13D0-D057-476F-9EF6-C81DE46F1E5D.jpg

I got my new to me bike today. Raleigh is the mfg. Gal I got it from said it was $300 in 2008. I looked it up since I’m not familiar with the mfg. Current model is $520. Medium quality. I’m used to cheapo bikes from Walmart. Has a nice cushy seat. Too windy to ride today. Will get out tomorrow.

It was an extra so the gal just gave it to me.
    Nice ride, nice price!

So pretty, Tradd, and that you have the shelf that you can hang grocery baskets on each side. Like the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    So pretty, Tradd, and that you have the shelf that you can hang grocery baskets on each side. Like the seat.
    That seat is what sold me on this bike! I didn't have to buy a separate one. The color is very nice!

Today I talked to one of our friends at the community garden (from 6 feet away of course) and told him I was utterly sick of people at the moment. He laughed and said well that’s too bad because you’ve been distancing for a month now! and I agreed with him that that is a sad state of affairs ha ha.

maybe I just need about 10 days where I don’t have to go chasing members of our community garden down for their money, their membership, or their signed agreement. I just need a break from that. But Saturday we have our annual meeting which will be held virtually And where
    i will have to politely listen to the same ideas that are circulated each year, with no follow through and I have to type up the minutes for that. Then I could turn my mind to other things and ignore the dear little gardeners for a while.see? Cranky!!!

I have already weeded and mulched areas of the public beds they are supposed to be weeding. I did that because I don’t trust them to know what a weed is and they will pull up lilies and Iris.

When I was at the grocery store today, some random woman went off on me for not wearing a mask. I just laughed at her. She didn't get what was funny. I told her she was on me for not wearing a mask, when HER mask was pulled down around her chin, and not covering mouth and nose. She just glared.

Thread Information