Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How is everyone holding up?

Word here from a doctor (this was a presentation, I do not have symptoms of corona) is they won't test you unless you are having trouble breathing (ie severe symptoms in need of hospitalization). So easily getting tests just because you may have exposure no, not here. Some people may be able to pull hidden strings (how do all those famous people seem to know they have corona, I wonder), but not most.
    Trees don't grow on money

I continue to be appalled and amazed by the stupidity and ignorance I see about COVID. Northern Idaho wants to be excused from the statewide shelter-in-place order. Missouri is implementing a statewide order....on Monday! Megachurch holds service wiht 500 congregants Sunday.

Docs and Nurses dying every day. PPE not available. Reuse of PPE as long as 1 week!

If you watch the news, you know the rest.

Meanwhile, I am sewing masks for RNs who are now out of PPE in the workplace. Monday, my masks are all they have in a dialysis unit

SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I continue to be appalled and amazed by the stupidity and ignorance I see about COVID. Northern Idaho wants to be excused from the statewide shelter-in-place order. Missouri is implementing a statewide order....on Monday! Megachurch holds service wiht 500 congregants Sunday.

Docs and Nurses dying every day. PPE not available. Reuse of PPE as long as 1 week!

If you watch the news, you know the rest.

Meanwhile, I am sewing masks for RNs who are now out of PPE in the workplace. Monday, my masks are all they have in a dialysis unit

SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    Things have been closed Down in Missouri for quite a while. Our city and county have had stay-at-home directives weeks. There has been some sort of state wide directive, maybe a recommendation, I don’t know, that caused all the restaurants in Hermann to close. It’s not like it’s been business as usual, not at all.

We are suppose to close on our house on Tuesday, so I have been moving our stuff to the airplane hangar and a storage unit. My son has been helping. Normally I would have at least hired some help. The paperwork has been a pain as everyone is working from home. Most thing we have been able to sign on the computer. But Monday we have to go to the realtors as some things need a notary.

im going to stay on my Friends boat that night and my wife is staying with my son. Then Wednesday we close on our new house, I’m not sure if we have to be there for that. We will move in then. We planned to have quite a bit of work done on the new house, but much of that may be postponed for a while.

So glad you are closing and able to move in on Wednesday, DMC. The new house is wonderful, and it will be a relief to have the change accomplished. There will be plenty of time to get the work down down the road.

Went to the local market to try to find hair ties to turn my dishtowel into a mask. They were sold out.

Then I went to the deli counter, not knowing there was a customer behind the coffee machine waiting for an order--he reflexively stepped backward. I apologized, and got 6 feet behind him. A woman wanted to get to the coffee machine and tenuously asked if she could get by. I backed up to give her several feet of clearance. She didn't smile.

I felt a twinge of grief.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Not well. It's been a week since we have been out of house and we may venture out today. Depressed at how citizens are turning on each other, rather than the virus, lots of blaming and judgmentalism and fear out there. Starts to feel hopeless.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I'm seeing some good come out of this in a way. Neighbors checking on the elderly, handing a roll of toilet paper to those without, making sure everyone is getting access to food. Where I live we probably could socially distance better, granted - but there is a sense that we are all in this together. Rob

Just going to Walmart yesterday for our prescriptions was very anxiety producing. I couldn’t get out of there fast enough. I told my husband he isn’t allowed in one for anything. It was packed and people weren’t being careful. It feels like the movie Groundhog Day(.

So easy to stay home and be grateful that I am safe. All one needs to do is listen to RNs and Docs in NY being interviewed. If that doesn't sober one up, well, ya can't fix stupid!

Thread Information