Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: How is everyone holding up?

Video of diving at Wazee (just off a YT search)

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Water temp will be low 40s. I'm used to diving at those temps. I wear a drysuit, not a wetsuit. The only part of me that gets wet is my head and I wear a thick hood. I wear what's essentially a fleece onesie with Smart Wool base layer under it. Two layer fleece socks on my feet with merino wool under. I even have dry gloves that lock on the suit. There are seals (latex at neck, silicone at wrists) and a waterproof zipper.

Photo is me on a wreck in the Straits of Mackinac last June.
    Very cool! It takes me until about third week of July to be able to swim in Lake Michigan--we're a couple hours south of Mackinac Island.

Video of diving at Wazee (just off a YT search)

Please stop sharing these gorgeous photos ofWisconsin and Michigan; my beautiful Midwest has been a secret from all the East Coasters for as long as I have lived out here, starting 44 years ago.

You’re not a native then? I’m a Mitten State native.

You’re not a native then? I’m a Mitten State native.
    No, I am a native of Georgia, born on the beach. I came out to Chicago after college in Massachusetts.

I did find out through genealogy though that 3 of my 8 great-grandparents were born in Michigan. They were Michigan pioneers who came from upstate New York via the Erie Canal.

Yppej
    Tybee my mom has not had strokes so I don't think it would be vascular dementia. Herbgeek yes, similar. She finally agreed to have the senior center's free service do her taxes this year because she kept getting them kicked back by the state year after year for errors and she didn't understand why. A few weeks ago she was saying she had to withdraw a bunch of cash because her bank is closing due to covid. I asked her is it just the lobby that is closing, and she said yes but it is too complicated for her to learn to use the drive thru.

The good news is my dad's phone is working again.

Yppej, glad to hear about your dad's phone.

I'm trying to make this not so much of a depressing day.

Today is my dd's "Airplane Day" - called such because it is the day she got on an airplane from her birth country and came home to join our family. It is also the death day of my oldest. The virus means that we will not be able to honor the one or celebrate the other in the ways we have traditionally done, but things will be as they will be. Today is also the funeral for my bil's father - I feel sooo sad for them all. I know tomorrow will be a better - if not simply a different - day.

Prayers to all. Stay safe.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I'm trying to make this not so much of a depressing day.

Today is my dd's "Airplane Day" - called such because it is the day she got on an airplane from her birth country and came home to join our family. It is also the death day of my oldest. The virus means that we will not be able to honor the one or celebrate the other in the ways we have traditionally done, but things will be as they will be. Today is also the funeral for my bil's father - I feel sooo sad for them all. I know tomorrow will be a better - if not simply a different - day.

Prayers to all. Stay safe.
    Praying for peace for you, happystuff.

Not holding up very well considering Ive only seen my grandson once in the past month. Marion Co. TN 27 cases, one death.
    Still working, although the Courthouse has been closed to the public.

Thread Information