Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How is everyone holding up?

Catherine, he is quarantining at my oldest son's because they have a guest bedroom with a bathroom./ It has been a week tonight so one more week.

We are doing well enough. DH and I are both actually happy about being home alone together for awhile, although we certainly don't like the reason behind it.
    To echo Rob, I am grateful that nobody we know, either IRL or virtually, has the virus so far.
    Small silly thing I am grateful for: We had to wait outside in the rain to get into the grocery store this AM, although only for about 5 minutes. Fortunately the wind was to our backs, so I didn't have to deal with wiping rain off my glasses in the store along with my mask and not touching my face and every other damned thing.
    I'm really glad that we have interests and hobbies and the ability to entertain ourselves at home when so many people are going stir-crazy.

Loving the spring weather and gardening, walking the dog for 1 1/2 hours every day and having a brief chat with other walkers at the proper physical distance, eating well from the stash I had accumulated over the past 6 months and regular contact with family and friends. I am trying to decide how best to help the community - Salvation Army, food bank are a couple I will donate to but so many places like Stratford and Shaw Festivals and other community arts are having major challenges being closed. Have to see what unfolds in the time that they must stay closed. What about all those in faraway places in desperate circumstances and how to help them? It is a troubling time.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

We are taking it fairly easy. Our garden beds were delivered and as soon as we have a dry spell we will get them put together and prepared the spots for them. Then we need to figure out how to get some dirt (delivered or go get it) and I believe my favorite nurseries (at least as of today) will have on-line ordering and pick up service.
    We try to get out for a walk with the dogs for at least an hour a day. If we are lucky there is another fairly dry time when they can romp and catch a Frisbee for a bit.
    We are running low on salad makings and have a surplus of "fat foods" which I try to pace because we aren't nearly as active as we were before this.
    We did the happy dance when we got our VISA bill because we have only been making essential (by our definition) purchases and it was lower than half of usual. If we keep up the savings we will be easily able to pay our differed tax bill in June. Not that I couldn't now but I really don't want to be touching savings. I still haven't looked at investments but I'm gonna take a leap and not pay my first quarter tax for 2020.
    For some odd reason I'm sleeping better than usual. My hair is driving me crazy but I don't have to look at it. On the other hand I think I'm going after DH with the dog clippers again today.

Well, one of the crew I work with has a GF he lives with, and she works at a center for the developmentally disabled, and they just had 4 positive tests in the facility. So now we are all waiting for her test, and his test, and then maybe time for my test?

If covid spreads in there, its gonna be bad. Awful to consider.

Other than that, all good in the trailer park. Probably gonna sneak into some quarries this weekend, see if I can slam some bluegill.

That population is bad with hygiene so it’s not going to be good.

I am grateful to have a home in the Northern Highlands of Wisconsin, in a county where the contagion has not sickened anyone. We are OK.

Grateful for many things. The 3 of us are still healthy, teen DD has accepted the social distancing, and has even mostly stopped complaining about it now. We're a house of introverts, which helps. I miss my friends but have been having more phone conversations. My job gives me lots to focus on and structures my days - and I am able to work from home. DD is in online school now and is able to manage that.

I'm working my way through various projects around the house. Between that and my garden, I think I could continue with this routine all summer. I don't miss commuting, errands, waiting up at night for DD to return home, etc! I do miss knowing that I'll be able to see my distant family and friends this summer. Thinking that probably won't happen.

Yppej
    I am hanging in there, happy to still be working although the possibility of being infected on the job causes me some anxiety. Only today did we stop accepting returned product, and customers who were shunted to a small entrance are now coming once again to the big main door nearer where I sit because there were not enough computer terminals at the other spot. They are supposed to stay outside of the building but numerous times they have talked front line staff into letting them wander around. I need to use the bathroom. I'm a VIP and I'll pull my account. I have to see my product choices you can't bring them to me it would take too long and I am in a hurry. But I'm wearing a mask and gloves. The part is heavy I need to help you carry it. But it's raining outside.

Fubar!

Thread Information