Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When all of this is over . . .

When all of this is over . . .

I'm sure I'm not the only one daydreaming about what I want to do if I make it through. First of all, I have this little "bucket list" of things to do, many of which have been on my list for years, and they are all within an hour's drive of home! Isn't that crazy? Do I think I'm going to be around forever? I intend to aggressively tackle that list!
    I also want a seafood feast at one of my favorite seafood restaurants, but that's not so unusual for me.

I want to be able to see and touch my parents, my sons, my daughter in law, my brother, my sisters-in-law, and my grand children.

I want to ride horses again.

I’m itching to dive!

I'll play.
    I would like to:
    - visit Vancouver again, take the BC ferry from Port Hardy on Vancouver Island up to Prince Rupert and and back the next day finally seeing the Inside Passage. I am toying with the idea of stopping in Haida Gwai but that might be too ambitious.
    - go to Kleinburg ON and see the Group of Seven exhibit there.
    These were both plans that got put on hold. I had hoped to take a cruise up the BC coast but my enthusiasm for cruises which was very limited at best has totally disappeared.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Hug family. Go on a vacation. Get an electrician in for some upgrades. Buy more jeans. Go out to eat with a friend of mine. Go to the library.

When this is all over I'm going to have the biggest picnic/BBQ in our backyard. I'll hire a band. We'll put out all the yard games. I'll supply the meat for the grill and have a contest for side dishes made with all the items over purchased for this plague. We'll have strawberry shortcake for dessert. As it gets dark we will all lay out on blankets and count shooting stars. All overnighters can pitch tents and in the morning I'll get the coffee started and then we'll make pancakes.

I'll live like I did before it all happened. I have been working on the bucket list for years and living life to the fullest. I've already realized my mortality, I guess.

See my son and give him a very big hug same for his two boys and Ddil.

(I am one of the lucky ones Dd and her son live in the same house with me.)

Make my planned trip to see my sister (I usually go a few times a year and
    glad I was there mid Dec.) She is on dialysis 3 times a week during all of this.

Weekly TOPS meeting with those friends ( we are going to try a on line
    meeting this week) not sure how that will work but, might be fun!)

Lunch out with a few friends, coffee out with others.

Go and volunteer but, that is at a Seniors home with 230+ residents
    (hopefully most of them will make it)
    That is all; I was very content and happy with my life, more so then I
    think I realized.

Work less, range more.
    When this hit and we thought we might be shut down, I said to one boss, I would be happy to have time off and I had six months of expenses, so I was better then most. He had multiple medical issues happen the next few days, and then depression has set it. Other bosses doctors appointment canceled, and he is barely walking. My hours haven't been cut much, and in fact they could go up. Part of it is I am the least at risk person, as well as capable.
    When this gets over, I want them to hire at least another person that can do what I can, because I am thinking of getting a different job.
    I had to stop shooting last year, as I was a possible donner with a siblings condition.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I miss my grandchildren so much. We are doing grandparents school several times a week via FaceTime which I am very thankful for. our topic is westward expansion covering things like Oregon trail, pony express, golden spike and so on. I sent amazon books to go along with the topics. My dream is to take them out west to see these sights. I want to move on to the national parks and their founding. We cover lots of history and geography.

Also, the animal to human virus transmission has been caused by human habits. Environmental changes, mass production and so on. At the very least I am starting to transition to a vegetarian diet, and what animal protein I do ingest to be locally and humanely sourced. Like local farm eggs as opposed to caged factory farmed eggs.

There is is no excuse that I do not have a large vegetable garden here, we have gorgeous weather and I can garden close to year round. I have started containers at the beginning of this mess and I will be expanding on this. You tube has thousands of videos on this topic.

Thread Information