Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When all of this is over . . .

I'm with flowers on two counts:

Grandchildren!!! I also miss mine like crazy.

Vegetarian diet:I was vegetarian for about 10 years and then I went flexitarian, and now I'm eating meat a much as my husband, which is a lot. Making separate meals became really a pain. But I'm definitely going to get back to plant-based, supplemented with local grass-fed beef. We have so many resources up in the island for great local plant and animal food--and the virus has put the importance of supporting local economies in the forefront.

Help DD plan her wedding.. she has a only 6 months left!! I think she's in suspended animation because who knows what September will look like at this point.

I'll also go to Burlington and hang around Church Street and see my friend's tour at Shelburne Farm, and go to an outdoor concert at Snow Farm Vineyard.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Grandchildren! (five years ago I never thought I'd say that but...)

Go dancing again (if we remember how by then).

Join friends for lunches and coffee and drinks and be social in real life.

Go grocery shopping and wander the aisles and make whatever looks good and I feel like making.

In some respects, almost everything we can do with freedom will be a gift, even if it's going to the recycling center or buying plumbing parts at the hardware store. I think there's a lot of modern life we took for granted.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Not worry! Or at least worry less.

See and hug my child who is hunkered down elsewhere. See and hug friends and family. While we are moving slowly towards vegetarian eating, I think the household could do better, so effort will go there (already starting, actually.)
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    When this is over I will appreciate Mass more, I will be so glad when the Art Museum reopens, I will be so looking forward to a chicken/avocado/shrimp salad at Molca's in Los Algodones, Mexico. I will look forward to community meetings and stopping and chatting with more of the neighborhood.

It's true that I'm an introvert and am likely faring better than extroverts - but this is all still a pain. Those few things I appreciate are a big deal to me - as is whatever you've had to give up is to you. Rob

Grandchildren and everyday life. Food shopping was a ritual for us - an enjoyment. We were set to see them this week and I am trying not to focus on the moments we are missing.

Thread Information