Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you consider this?

Do you have a problem keeping busy? If so, read more about natural healing and herbalism to help you in the long run or study something you find of interest. Unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary ... don't put yourself in harm's way. IMO

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    UPDATE: Thanks for your input, folks. Never let it be said that I don't sometimes listen.....I'm giving up on the idea. A friend I've made on this site that I've been in touch with online for years sent me a link to an article re grocery store workers getting infected and dying. Ummmm.....I'll pass. And I do have a job to return to, like with so many other things suddenly the only question is when. Rob

Rob, sounds like a wise choice. Have you filed for unemployment yet? If you haven't and are having issues with the website, I'd suggest trying in the middle of the night. I got through at 2am when I filed.

And you don't do tourism any more, do you? It's all banquet work, weddings and the like?

Yppej
    I would consider it if you can get a permanent union job. About half the supermarket jobs in my area are unionized and there are people who support a family on them.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Rob, sounds like a wise choice. Have you filed for unemployment yet? If you haven't and are having issues with the website, I'd suggest trying in the middle of the night. I got through at 2am when I filed.

And you don't do tourism any more, do you? It's all banquet work, weddings and the like?
    It was Convention Center work - mostly conferences/conventions/trade shows, and getting meals served en masse banquet style to these groups. Before that, I was much more into the tourism side of hospitality with jobs in downtown and airport hotels and also national parks. Sprinle in some chain restaurant work and I've been to the rodeo a few times LOL.

Will file today. I've foolishly put it off as honestly I've been utterly flabbergasted by the scope of and the speed of the changes impacting us all since my return from Mexico March 13th. Since I'm doing better economically I'm not full of survival adrenaline and without this I've been almost dazef but I'm snapping out of it. And yep.....a good start would be to file for unemployment. Rob

PS Thanks, Tradd.

Just heard on the news yesterday that a Walmart employee at a suburban Chicago store died from the virus. And he was a stocker! Another employee at the same store has died, as well.

Rob, and about the extra $600/week from the fed stimulus bill. It has to be enacted by your state. I don't know any state as yet that has enacted it from some quick googling. Your state's unemployment office website should have a notice about it. IL just has a noticed dated 3/31 that it's not yet in effect and don't call them for info. Stupid IL.

Thread Information