Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your plans for your stimulous $$$?

I'm not sure if we'll get anything or not, if they go by 2018 income tax records we won't qualify, however we completed and submitted 2019 tax returns several weeks ago, if they use that one as our basis we'll receive the full $2400 for a married couple. If we receive that it will go to our daughter to assist with her down payment for a new house so we're really hoping it comes even though we don't deserve it since we have incurred no loss of income due to the virus.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

We won't get it. I've not been paying attention to it. Is it taxable?

I would likely give it to the Food Bank so they can provide tons of meals and food to those who can't afford it.

I have been assuming that will get it because we had low income in 2018. But I don’t know maybe we won’t.

We have already discussed and will donate ours.

I won’t get the full amount based on my 2019 taxes, which I sent in early, but I would based on 2020. Maybe they will adjust.

i think I’ll buy a assault rifle while they are still legal, and a bunch of those 30 round clips. Put the government money to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    i think I’ll buy a assault rifle while they are still legal, and a bunch of those 30 round clips. Put the government money to good use.
    Not that it's a stipulation of getting or spending the money, but I'm wondering if most of those are still made in the U.S. or if their production been farmed out like so many other products?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Not that it's a stipulation of getting or spending the money, but I'm wondering if most of those are still made in the U.S. or if their production been farmed out like so many other products?
    some are still made here. I’ll have to do a little research. I like to shoot sporting clays and have some nice shotguns, but I haven’t bought a rifle since 2016 when I though Hillary was a shoe in.

The rifles are mostly made here, not sure about the mags.

And they are magazines, not clips.

@dmc

Not sure if you're joking or not!

I actually had some old military rifles that used clips. Or at least that’s what my dad use to call them back in the old days. The shells were held together with a metal strip. But I should have said magazine as that is what the new guns use. I’m just a little tired as I’m still in the process of moving.

I didn’t want to hire movers, so it’s been my son and I moving our stuff to the airplane hangar and a storage unit. And in a couple of days I’ll get to start moving it to the new house.

Don't quote me on this but I believe that of the top ten AR15 manufacturers only two are manufactured outside this country, Colt produces theirs in Canada and I'm pretty sure H&K produces theirs in Germany.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information