Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini Vacation - Decorah Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I have so enjoyed this site and keep checking to see how they are growing and changing overnight, . Impressive to see that they learned to wait for their turn for the parents to feed them.
    I agree. They seemed to have stayed small for so long and now - well, don't blink. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I'm guessing the eaglets have flown the nest, as the webcam is now showing "highlights". For anyone interested in other bird cams, this website has several to choose from.

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/cams
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I'm guessing the eaglets have flown the nest, as the webcam is now showing "highlights".
    I stand corrected. I don't know why the site had been showing highlights, but the eaglets are still in the nest, although I'm not sure for how much longer. They are so big!

The three of them were back at the nest last night when it got cold. Parents are feeding them at the nest so they are now going to school learning about flying, etc. Fun to stop the world and see what they are doing for a short period in the day.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    The three of them were back at the nest last night when it got cold. Parents are feeding them at the nest so they are now going to school learning about flying, etc. Fun to stop the world and see what they are doing for a short period in the day.
    It is a nice break. I've also been watching a red-tailed hawk cam and an osprey cam - all the babies seems to be fledgling at the same time.

Decorah North Eagles cam - apparently sitting on two eggs.

https://explore.org/livecams/birds/d...les-north-nest

I have been monitoring this cam periodically for the month of February. There was discussion about some eagles flying by but not the same eagles as last year. Thanks for the update.
    Edit to add that you had listed Decorah North with the eggs. i was monitoring the other Decorah Eagle Nest. Sorry for the mixup.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

The eagles have fledged, but here is a little California Condor that is still growing -

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/cams/california-condor/

Edited to add: actually it looks to be a pretty big "baby". LOL

The eagles have fledged, but here is a little California Condor that is still growing -

Looks kind of lonely in the rocky home by itself

Cool - thanks for the link!

Thread Information