Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Price Increases and Inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Rogar, the Ranger got big when it was brought back in the last couple of years.
    Ford is coming out with a new thing, a Maverick in 2022. Looks like a small Ranger abain. It is “unibody” whatever that means.

It will be 3-5 years before DH needs to replace his 2010 Ranger. It was in a car crash and was “totaled” by the insurance company, but we fixed it and it is doing just fine.

During the month of March selling prices of consumer goods continued to increase. Certain companies announced their intentions to increase consumer prices due to increases in their input costs, such as Kimberly Clark, General Mills, and J. M . Smucker.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Ford is coming out with a new thing, a Maverick in 2022. Looks like a small Ranger abain. It is “unibody” whatever that means.
    Unibody means that the car doesn't have a separate frame. All cars today are made this way because they can be made lighter and stronger and with effective crumple zones. Some trucks and SUVs are starting to be designed this way as well for the same reasons. The alternative is 'body on frame' construction which is how all cars and trucks were made in the past.

Yppej
    There is a lot of inflation in my work industry. Prices used to go up annually but are now going up every few months in certain cases. An example of this is things made with copper, which is skyrocketing.

There was a late model Ford F-250 in the parking lot at the grocery store today. It was about two feet too long for the space and so tall that I could have rested my chin on the hood without bending over at all. So absurd.

I wonder whether the number of unfinished flipper type houses that are gutted but nothing else, throughout Maine and Vermont, has to do with the price of lumber and the way nobody can get anyone to do the labor. Our house inspector, when we called him last week, said it's six months to get anybody in to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I wonder whether the number of unfinished flipper type houses that are gutted but nothing else, throughout Maine and Vermont, has to do with the price of lumber and the way nobody can get anyone to do the labor. Our house inspector, when we called him last week, said it's six months to get anybody in to do anything.
    There is a flip sitting on my block, a complete gut rehab, that has had no activity for months now. I wonder if the developers are in over their heads in hiring out the work.

I feel very fortunate to FINALLY get our Hermann contractor going with his 4 man crew. He is The Guy who does this kind of work in Hermann and in normal times it is hard to get someone to do this work.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    There was a late model Ford F-250 in the parking lot at the grocery store today. It was about two feet too long for the space and so tall that I could have rested my chin on the hood without bending over at all. So absurd.
    You probably wouldn't think it absurd if you were a farmer or had a 5th wheel trailer or a larger travel trailer or made your living cutting the grass at your condo complex and needed to transport mowers or dozens of other reasons to have a 3/4 ton truck. Your average Prius is not capable of real work.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

or made your living cutting the grass at your condo complex and needed to transport mowers or dozens of other reasons to have a 3/4 ton truck. Your average Prius is not capable of real work.
    people who actually cut grass etc. do not use vehicles like that, trucks sure, but that stuff is strictly for pretense, they aren't actual work vehicles. People who cut grass couldn't afford them either, which may be why one doesn't actually see it, again pretense.
    Trees don't grow on money

Some some who consider trucks with tall hoods and blunt front ends and overt expression of masculinity there's always the electric Cybertruck due out next year. Comparable to the F-150. I use my truck routinely, but there are big city trucks that are as much an expression of character as any functionality much like big SUVs, sports cars, or luxury cars are excesses for others.

Tesla-Cybertruck-camper.jpg

Thread Information