SO and I have noticed inflation for sure. Some ways we are cutting back - stocking up on clothes at the Nogales, Arizona Goodwill. This is a last chance outlet center and what doesn't sell here goes to auction. I have found perfectly acceptable jeans for $1.29. Sweatshirts for .49 cents. Very nice shoes for 1.49 - I have bought so many that SO says I'm in training to be a male Imelda Marcos - remember her and her 3,000 pairs of shoes when the Presidential Palace was raided? I don't have that many pairs but at these prices I will stock up. I have another long weekend coming up next week and it's going to be all about stocking up at the Nogales, AZ Goodwill.

As far as food, I have my employee discount, which isn't much but does help. I am also growing food in the backyard - this Summer's Armenian Cucumbers have been awesome! Willl plant beets and squash soon. Something about growing my own food really works for me - even a small amount in an urban backyard.

As to health, stocking up on meds across the border and also using more over the counter herbal medicine. As for travel, Nogales Arizona/Mexico it will be until such a date as things feel more "normal" - though I rather suspect that it will a "New Normal". Something that helps me gauge prices is reminding myself that minimum wage when I started working was $3.35/hr. It is now $12.15/hr in Arizona and is raising to $12.80/hr on January 1st. My point is of course prices are going to rise when wages do and I also admit to having a poverty mindset of scarcity - this kicks in when prices seem to damn high.

Talking about inflation in housing - Scottsdale, AZ now has among the highest rents in the country.....seriously. I am so so so fortunate to co-own with my cousin and that my part of the mortgage is under $300/mo - once again, I am very fortunate for this. Neither of us have cars which helps, too.

I believe a good thread would be one where we share tips on navigating these damn price hikes. One can't run to Mexico for everything, you know? Rob