Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 142

Thread: voter suppression

  1. #131
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    6,149
    Trump has made numerous baseless claims that Philadelphia would have ‘bad things’ happen with the vote counting. He told everyone we needed to ‘watch Philadelphia’. Philadelphia is now letting everyone watch. The whole world can supervise them via a YouTube livestream.

    I guess it’s a sign of the times. One party has A major city stronghold live streaming the vote counting, and the other party is suing in multiple jurisdictions to try to disenfranchise as many voters as they can. Seems pretty clear which one believes in America more.

  2. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,092
    Agreee, jp1

  3. #133
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    6,149
    Finally. The vote fraud has been found.

    https://edition.cnn.com/politics/liv...81871fb9d446cd

  4. #134
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,334
    Frankly, I think the issue of whether signatures “really truly match “is worthy of discussion. That’s one of the things that worries me about vote by mail.

  5. #135
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    6,149
    I've never had to do anything other than sign the roll book when I've voted in person.

  6. #136
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,609
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I've never had to do anything other than sign the roll book when I've voted in person.
    Isn't there a copy of your signature in the roll book next to the spot where you sign on election day? That's how signatures are compared in Ohio when voting in person.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  7. #137
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    6,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Isn't there a copy of your signature in the roll book next to the spot where you sign on election day? That's how signatures are compared in Ohio when voting in person.
    Yes. And when I do mail in voting they compare the signature on the outer envelope to the voter roll as well. No difference between the two.

  8. #138
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    8,936
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Yes. And when I do mail in voting they compare the signature on the outer envelope to the voter roll as well. No difference between the two.
    That's what they do in my county. As I mentioned elsewhere, I had my vote bounced by the County Elections Folks in an earlier election this year, as my signature didn't match. I had an arm injury that changed my signature enough that it didn't look similar enough.

    Elections Folks contacted me to sort it out, so that my ballot was properly handled.

    Easy Peasey.

  9. #139
    Senior Member rosarugosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Posts
    5,180
    I've never signed anything when voting in person at the polls. I tell them my address, then tell them my name, and they check me off and give me a ballot. The process is repeated after I vote.

  10. #140
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    6,149
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I've never signed anything when voting in person at the polls. I tell them my address, then tell them my name, and they check me off and give me a ballot. The process is repeated after I vote.
    How do they know it's you and not some random person walking in and saying "Hi, I'm Rosa! I live at 123 Main St."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •