Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: voter suppression

And it appears that we already know where the emails are coming from.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/21/fbi-...ity-issue.html

Headline in today's paper (Madison, WI) .... Election 2020/Postal Service... 15,000 contact Baldwin ... Voters share concerns for counting absentee ballots on election day....

Thousands of WI voters and postal workers have raised concerns with US Sen. Tammy Baldwin that the US Postal Service isn't ready to handle the high number of absentee ballots come Election Day.

A repairman at the USPS Madison office and one of the postal workers who contacted Baldwin's office, said in an interview that only one of two automated flat mail sorting machines, which handles larger mail such as absentee ballots, is operating for the Madison Post Office.

"If something goes wrong, the sorting machine could be down for 12 hours". "Right now, we are doing OK, but I'm not sure what will happen when we get to Election Day."

Balwin sent a letter to DeJoy... which included pictures of signs on a connected sorting machine in the Madison Post Office directing that it should not be run or operated. The repairman said the signs were posted to ensure that the machine shows up as connected in USPS data, but is not actually used.

ETA: The repairman was named in the article. Wonder how long he'll get to keep his job?

Help me summarize.

Voting by mail is good? Until it is bad? What are we supposed to think about voting by mail ‘cause it seems to change weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Help me summarize.

Voting by mail is good? Until it is bad? What are we supposed to think about voting by mail ‘cause it seems to change weekly.
    I think the preferred narrative is that voting by mail is good but those bad Republicans are trying to limit it's usage because it somehow helps them. Though in fairness, I think that if the election goes a certain way, the narrative may change.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think the preferred narrative is that voting by mail is good but those bad Republicans are trying to limit it's usage because it somehow helps them. Though in fairness, I think that if the election goes a certain way, the narrative may change.
    How do you explain postal workers taking pictures of what is transpiring?

Help me summarize.

I've been voting by mail for over a decade here, it's the only method available, and it seems to work well.

I miss the cookies and coffee that the little old ladies who ran the neighborhood polling place used to set out though.

Oh god only 10 more days. 10 more days.

Oh god only 10 more days. 10 more days.
    Plus any overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    How do you explain postal workers taking pictures of what is transpiring?
    I don't think it's possible for me to explain photos with no explanation or background to accompany them. Maybe it's easier for you but I seem to be cursed with the requirement of more info.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Plus any overtime.
    stop that now!

Thread Information