Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: voter suppression

Alan is actually right this time)

Oh the irony. Brian Kemp, Georgia governor, is under quarantine after being in close contact with an aid who has covid. Because of Georgia's republican-style "less voting is better" voting laws he and his wife won't be able to vote in this election unless he decides to violate his quarantine and put others at the polling place at risk of exposure to covid should he turn out to have been infected.

Where were the cops with pepper spray? I'm sure all the republicans here agree that it would have been appropriate.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/01/trump-...-cuomo-bridge/

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Where were the cops with pepper spray? I'm sure all the republicans here agree that it would have been appropriate.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/01/trump-...-cuomo-bridge/
    Seems to me that Caterpillar D9s with water cannons would be more appropriate. The roads must roll.

Iím reading a lot of businesses are boarding up their storefronts in anticipation of election protests/celebrations that include the customary theft and vandalism.

Residents of Flint MI received robocalls saying that due to long lines at the polls, they should vote on Wednesday.

MI Attorney General tweeted on Tuesday morning that the messages are false and "an effort to suppress the vote... Today is the last day to vote. Don't believe the lies."

crickets.....

Another use of robocalls to spread misinformation resulted in two men in Ohio being indicted for telecommunications fraud. Prosecutors allege that they sent 85,000 robocalls to Democrats in MI, NY, PA, OH and IL:
    If you vote by mail, your personal information will be part of a public database that will be used by police departments to track down old warrants and be used by credit card companies to collect outstanding debts.

Texas governor required to keep drive up voting against his will. There were 9 drive up sites and now only 1. Talk about voter suppression!

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    crickets.....
    Why do you say say that? I am annoyed when highways are made impassible by any kind of protesters.

I will not say what the police should do because the police get to decide how to tackle each situation, they are the pros not me. I know they don’t pepper spray the protesters here in St. Louis who have shut down highways.

Thread Information