Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: voter suppression

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Wisconsin elects Supreme Court Justices (which I always thought a little odd)
    Yes on the ballots last Tuesday there were two candidates to be a Justice of the Wisconsin Supreme Court. In recent years there has been a polarization on the bench of the WI Supreme Court, which is politely referred to as differences between conservative and liberal justices. One incumbent justice, Daniel Kelly, was up for election, having been appointed to the Supreme Court by former Governor Scott Walker (Republican) to fill a vacancy. His opponent was Judge Jill Karofsky. Neither candidate was identified on the ballot as Republican or Democrat, and their campaign advertising was not overtly partisan. But the support each candidate was given by political luminaries clearly ran along party lines. The day before the election, Donald Trump tweeted:
    VOTE for Justice Daniel Kelly tomorrow...
    Then, in the wee hours of election day, Trump tweeted again:
    Vote today, Tuesday, for highly respected Republican, Justice Daniel Kelly. Tough on Crime, loves your Military, Vets, Farmers & will save your 2nd Amendment. A BIG VOTE!

So it would seem the election was not meaningless to a certain resident of Florida, the POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Were they stored with the completed ballots that are usually found at the last minute in too close to call elections?
    Don't be a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I agree that it is primarily Democrats who were impacted, but I don't see how that benefits Republicans in a primary election. Once results are known we may see if Biden or Sanders benefited by comparing their poll numbers to their results. Did it hurt Biden because he tends to do better among African-Americans? Did it hurt Sanders because he relies more on turnout?
    Read other posts.... not just presidential primary in WI.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Don't be a jerk.
    Gosh, if you'd only suggested that 50 or so years ago maybe it would have been one of those moments that changes a life forever. It's probably too late now though, thanks for trying.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

But 50 years ago, according to that picture, you were an angel!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    But 50 years ago, according to that picture, you were an angel!

Yeah, that was 50 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Yeah, that was 50 years ago!
    It was actually more like 60 but I've always looked young for my age, thanks again.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It was actually more like 60 but I've always looked young for my age, thanks again.
    My experience is that such youthfulness generally comes from either a clean or nonexistent conscience. It has also been my observation that among USAF veterans the former condition usually applies, with the possible exception of those attaining field grade rank and approximately half of flag rank officers.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    My experience is that such youthfulness generally comes from either a clean or nonexistent conscience. It has also been my observation that among USAF veterans the former condition usually applies, with the possible exception of those attaining field grade rank and approximately half of flag rank officers.
    We old Buck Sergeants are definitely the former.

I’m reading Biden won all the Wisconsin delegates with about 64% of the vote.

I’ve got my “I Voted” toe tag just in case.

Thread Information