Thread: Bernie's out

Bernie's out

Of course, expected, and also prudent.

I will always admire his tenacity, his vision, his commitment to equality for all, and his integrity. His persistence and ability to energize people and particularly the youth have brought important progressive policies to the national stage. I trust his "revolution" will carry on.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to wear my Bernie for President 2016 t-shirt and my Bernie for President 2020 hoodie. I'll always be proud to be a supporter of a surprise 2-time Presidential candidate who really believes that it's not about him but about us--all of us.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

If you are going to wear the t-shirt, I will don my “Reagan/Bush” tshirt. Not that I supported that ticket back in the day but what did I know.

Yes Bernie has integrity and really does care about others.

Well, there goes all the free stuff I was hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Well, there goes all the free stuff I was hoping for.
    I guess he figured he was out of a job once Trump opened up all the coffers.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

If I was a big bank I could get 1 trillion a day in loans from the Feds. Should have been born a big bank.

There goes any chance of any of it trickling down to the average person though, there goes any hope of actually rebuilding the economy unless anyone gets a plan fast (the U.S. is going to come out of this with one of the most wrecked economies in the industrialized world as it has no plan). You can do save the existing economy and the jobs like many countries have done by paying workers wages at present that can't work through their jobs which are merely furloughed, you can do radical pivot to a Green New Deal and massive government spending because it's clearly what we need even a bit longer term in a radical pivot to sustainability, but you can't do nothing and hope it all works out. Denmark is both doing the former and has leaders prioritizing climate change. Of course there goes any chance of dealing with climate change which will kill way more than coronavirus. You see we think we have problems now ...

There were other candidates that *might* have pushed to do something about climate change etc., yes but the problem is not a single one of thems name was Joe Biden. And ACTUALLY the only one's who even might have been worth anything were those running on a progressive mantle, not trying for some "centrist" vote. I suppose with Biden one could hope the people he brings with him are better than the man himself, as the donors he brings with him will be objectively worse than the man himself.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I guess he figured he was out of a job once Trump opened up all the coffers.
    I had that same thought. Stores are having trouble keeping shelves stocked. There is massive unemployment. Freedom of assembly and movement are severely curtailed. The stage is being set for an inflationary spiral.

What is left for Bernie to accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I had that same thought. Stores are having trouble keeping shelves stocked. There is massive unemployment. Freedom of assembly and movement are severely curtailed. The stage is being set for an inflationary spiral.

What is left for Bernie to accomplish?
    He'll have to deputize a few more AOC's to work at maintaining the misery.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information