Thread: the scientist who saw the pandemic coming

the scientist who saw the pandemic coming

I put this under preparedness because I thought this interview explained in a simple manner the whys of our current situation:
    http://nautil.us/issue/83/intelligen...andemic-coming

I had been reading that a pandemic was coming ... not if, but when. The only book I took with me to study as a winter Texan was....Herbal Antivirals (Natural Remedies for Emerging and Resistant Viral Infections). I kid you not. Interestingly, I had made some immune building tinctures before we left and had them with us. We did not get ill. Coincidence????

Thanks, Pinkytoe. Interesting read.

Thank you.

Yes, really interesting article. Thanks!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

That was good to read. I remenber reading a book by Laurie Garrett about 20 years ago about the Coming Plague. And here it is. And all this time I have been prepping for the "Big One" because of where we are next to the subduction zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Shepherd View Post
    That was good to read. I remenber reading a book by Laurie Garrett about 20 years ago about the Coming Plague. And here it is. And all this time I have been prepping for the "Big One" because of where we are next to the subduction zone.
    I was recently reading that, but had to put it aside and pick up a light mystery. I've OD'd on COVID and illness.

Interesting! Like so many other issues, first, one must raise awareness within public thought which takes time; next, develop policies with significant public support to implement them which takes more time.

All scientists make us aware, the rest is up to us to follow through with getting public support to develop and implement policies. Don't you agree that this is the challenge?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information