Thread: Do you use coffee ground for gardening?

Banned

Do you use coffee ground for gardening?

Do you use expired coffee or used coffee ground for gardening? What types of plant that we can use coffee ground for?

Please share your thought and experience.

I just add them to my compost. Grounds will acidify the soil directly where you put them, but it's not permanent. If you're trying to get rid of buckets of the stuff, I would want to do some research into the soil I had, and what I wanted to grow. Lots of trees/shrubs/flowers/veggies like acidic soil, but if you already have acidic soil, I don't know how much coffee grounds you'd want to be adding. If you're in the US, check with your county extension agent. They are usually very helpful with such questions.

Yppej
    Interesting website for Kitu Cafe. Zero contact information, no physical address for people to go to the cafe, and written in poor English, ditto their Facebook page.

Absolutely! Into the compost it goes. Be sure it's mixed in well so it is not concentrated.

I use it around my blueberry bushes.

I compost it, too. When I have acid-loving plants, I add it to them.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I have a bucket in the sink for banana skins and coffee grounds that I put on the roses. Just dig it in...sometimes not even that...Seems to be good. Our soil is already acidic- blueberries grow well...but it seems to help the roses ( I don't have very many)

We compost it as well. It’s the only thing which goes out in the composter year round.

Thread Information