Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stimulus Check

Stimulus Check

It appears our stimulus check is "pending" deposit into our account. I guess we were part of the first round.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Good! Don't hoard but spend it with your capable wisdom to do what the hopes of the bipartisan bill truly are - stimulate the economy by keeping the velocity of money flowing to benefit you and your community.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Since happy lost her job I am sure it will go to bills. I like that some people are donating to food banks because they are hit hard. Spending it to just spend it is a waste.

Yppej
    My company has had layoffs and may have more, or hours cuts, or increases in benefits costs. I am not going to go spend my stimulus when I receive it. That would be irresponsible because I support myself and my disabled son on a single, non-professional income below the national median in a high cost of living state. My son does not receive SSI either, whole other story.

As I’m laid off, it will go towards bills or savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Since happy lost her job I am sure it will go to bills. I like that some people are donating to food banks because they are hit hard. Spending it to just spend it is a waste.
    i think food banks are a good thing too, if thats your thing. It goes to the needy and also gets that money into circulation fast.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Don't hoard but spend it with your capable wisdom to do what the hopes of the bipartisan bill truly are - stimulate the economy by keeping the velocity of money flowing to benefit you and your community.
    Stimulating the economy will be rather hard, when so much is closed. I expect that a lot of those who receive it, will only use it for groceries or current bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    You are correct. Besides, paying my bills also puts the money in the hands of companies that employ people and provide services. I DO feel as if I am still contributing to the overall economy.

IF I get some *extra*, I still hope to get a new shed to replace the one that is falling down. We'll see how things play out.

Good luck to everyone else as well.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Yppej
    I wonder how they decided who to put first. The IRS payment tracker is not up yet. Although I used direct deposit in both 2018 and 2019 I have no idea when I will get my payment, and the IRS website says don't call to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I wonder how they decided who to put first. The IRS payment tracker is not up yet. Although I used direct deposit in both 2018 and 2019 I have no idea when I will get my payment, and the IRS website says don't call to ask.
    I have no clue! I only saw the pending deposit because I was going into my account to check my unemployment deposit and see if I received the extra $600 unemployment (have not received yet).

Thread Information