Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stimulus Check

We are going to have to put our stimulus check money towards fixing our very leaky roof. Of course it's fine when it doesn't rain or snow, but this morning we woke up to a blizzard here in the mountains (after several weeks of spring weather) and it's already starting to leak and it hasn't even started melting yet! I am grateful to have the moisture in the "bank" as we rely on rain catchment system and a backup well and pump system for our water needs in the high desert of New Mexico.

Prudent me - would pay off all our bills + have a little extra left over.

Stimulus me - buy some furniture for the patio, small table top barbecue, air fare to east coast for this fall to visit dd and see new home, mini local vacation, new furniture for dd's old bedroom when she moves out in July.

I am a boring person, prudent me has a louder voice. Fortunately I am still working, but commissions are down...

Mine just showed up in my checking account. Transferred it immediately to savings.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Mine just showed up in my checking account. Transferred it immediately to savings.
    Ditto.

Tradd, I just read your post and then went and checked and ours was there, too! Happy about it, and moving it to savings as we speak.

That made me check; ditto and ditto.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Deposit cleared. Ditto to savings.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Looks like mine will be paying for health insurance. Got a quote from an independent agent - savings of $300/month over COBRA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Looks like mine will be paying for health insurance. Got a quote from an independent agent - savings of $300/month over COBRA.
    Great news!!!!

There was talk in Congress of fully subsidizing COBRA, but I don't know, Congress is on vacation maybe indefinitely at this point anyway (do nothing from home), so I don't know the status of that.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information