Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stimulus Check

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    There was talk in Congress of fully subsidizing COBRA, but I don't know, Congress is on vacation maybe indefinitely at this point anyway (do nothing from home), so I don't know the status of that.
    As soon as we are allowed to, I'm going diving. I also have diving insurance, but it's not exactly a low risk hobby. Best to have the insurance. And hopefully I will have a job in the not so distant future.

We got our stimulus direct deposits and our first expenditure was a donation to the MA Covid-19 Fund started by Gov Baker and his wife.

There will be another round of direct deposits Wednesday the 22nd.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I still have not received it. Nor am I found in the 'system'. I stopped checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    As soon as we are allowed to, I'm going diving. I also have diving insurance, but it's not exactly a low risk hobby. Best to have the insurance. And hopefully I will have a job in the not so distant future.
    Governor Inslee just announced a phase-in schedule, and outdoor recreation will restart early in May here.

Went to the bank yesterday and made a couple deposits (took up around a $120 of change that had filled up my jar), and my balance was off from my checkbook. Checked and a direct deposit was made on the 15th for $1200 with no notice and my bank didn't mail the deposit receipt like they normally do. Didn't know they had that account number, as I don't believe I have used a direct deposit on my taxes in the last three tax years. (would have preferred a check)

Prudent me took over - paid all our bills, balance of our property tax and some auto insurance due next month - with a little play money left over! Once again we are debt free and didn't have to dip into the savings to do it. Seeing those zeros on the ledger sheet is so satisfying. I try not to think about some major projects around the house and the needed car repair. For now a brief moment in time we can enjoy it!

IF the Government would deign to deposit a stimulus check to my account, I would be using it to get by, being as I have zero income and haven't for this entire time of pandemic. It seems those who don't need it for discretionary purposes aren't first in line for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiam View Post
    IF the Government would deign to deposit a stimulus check to my account, I would be using it to get by, being as I have zero income and haven't for this entire time of pandemic. It seems those who don't need it for discretionary purposes aren't first in line for this.
    I hope it come for you soon.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Ideally it should have only been given to those that needed it but I guess that’s to time consuming to figure out. Tiam hope you get the check and unemployment soon.

Thread Information