Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stimulus check question - what if you owed IRS $?

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    I can't find anywhere on the website to enter direct deposit info for people who DID file last year, as we pay by paper check. DH's social security check is direct deposit.... filing JOINTLY we are seldom over 75K for TWO people, let alone one. However, when I went to the IRS site and clicked on Where's my check or whatever it says, it states that they are unable to verify eligibility. WTF??
    I got the same message, early morning.. They are probably just swamped.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

thanks, catherine- that makes me feel better, lol. I tend to take stuff too personal at times....

I submitted our fed taxes online three days ago along with bank info for our $60 taxes. To my surprise, the funds have already been taken out by IRS. I am getting the unable to verify message regarding payment. I suppose that is just a generic error message.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I submitted our fed taxes online three days ago along with bank info for our $60 taxes. To my surprise, the funds have already been taken out by IRS. I am getting the unable to verify message regarding payment. I suppose that is just a generic error message.
    Oh yes, our tax bill was deducted immediately when 4/15 struck.

Of course it was. One thing is not related to the other, or if it is, then you have to had paid your taxes to be put in that category of people who have already paid their taxes.

We got ours.

We paid our taxes via direct debit, however, I found I had to enter our checking account info again into the irs website. Now we wait...

Thread Information