Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventures in grocery shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Our curfew was only 2 nights and our stores are full of food.

... but is it what you want and the brand? Stores here are full of food now but showing signs that may not be the case in the future.

Yes I can get anything I want. We are having a curfew tonight at 7pm. It’s sad for the businesses that just opened.

Just got back from a trip to Aldi's. Didn't get everything on my list, but that is because Aldi's tends not to carry some things I want. Bill came in "slightly" lower than the past two weeks, but not much.

Also encountered my first individual in a grocery store without a mask. After telling several employees who did/said nothing, she walked past me for the second time (no social distancing) and I offered to give her a mask. She just looked and said, "I have a medical condition." I DID NOT say, "I'm so sorry! I hope that your medical condition will not be worsened by catching covid. I hope you don't get sick or get others sick." The only thing I can think of is - how sad that she doesn't think much of herself or others to take such a risk of catching the virus on top of an already existing medical condition! I have said numerous prayers for her and anyone who may come in contact with her.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

It's not actually legal to not wear a face covering because of a "medical condition" at least not here, there may be some exceptions where you can wear a faceshield is all.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    It's not actually legal to not wear a face covering because of a "medical condition" at least not here, there may be some exceptions where you can wear a faceshield is all.
    Yeah--wear a shield if you "can't" wear a mask, by all means.

Aldi also offers curbside pickup and delivery through Instacart. The maskless have options.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    This week I noticed that the grocery store, a covid winner, purchased all new carts. They are equipped with a security device so if someone tries to take them beyond the parking lot the wheels lock up. That way the future boom in homelessness when the eviction moratorium expires won't allow them to be stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    This week I noticed that the grocery store, a covid winner, purchased all new carts. They are equipped with a security device so if someone tries to take them beyond the parking lot the wheels lock up. That way the future boom in homelessness when the eviction moratorium expires won't allow them to be stolen.
    Really? Rob told us once that grocery stores didn't mind sending trucks out at night to collect the grocery carts he left on the sidewalk outside his house.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yppej
    Yes, really. Some chains make you insert a quarter to get a cart, and you get your quarter back when you return it, but I think to a person needing a cart 25 cents would be a bargain price, so the security device will deter more thefts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Yes, really. Some chains make you insert a quarter to get a cart, and you get your quarter back when you return it, but I thi's and k to a person needing a cart 25 cents would be a bargain price, so the security device will deter more thefts.
    The 25 cent cart is at Aldi's here and works like a dream by me. People seem bound and determined to get their quarter back and I have yet to see a stray cart anywhere. Now the other local grocery stores are a totally different story. LOL
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information