Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventures in grocery shopping

Interesting shopping trip today with regards to shelf items. There were multiple FULL shelves of the 32 oz bottles of white vinegar but absolutely no gallon jugs. And, there were full shelves of multi-packs of paper towels, but no individual rolls for sale. Maybe an effort to make people buy more at higher cost???
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    There were multiple FULL shelves of the 32 oz bottles of white vinegar but absolutely no gallon jugs. And, there were full shelves of multi-packs of paper towels, but no individual rolls for sale. Maybe an effort to make people buy more at higher cost???
    Supply and demand is some of it. I know we have two gallons in the house partly because it's my main cleaning solvent (besides water) and a major component of our spot weedkiller. Oh, and sometimes we cook or pickle with it. We won't need to buy any for a while with frost coming in a couple of months.

I've also seen several news reports over the past few months stating that manufacturers are culling either slow-selling items or sizes to be able to make more of what sells the best (multiple roll packages of towels instead of single rolls). I've seen this apply to single-serving sizes of condiments, eggs, detergent, etc.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

My husband and son went shopping yesterday. They split the list and needed 2 carts since we shop once a month. No shortages of anything.

Still shows on some shelves (not as many as before) that item will be temporarily unavailable when that supply is gone. Looked for the usual brand of beer and it was nowhere to be found. Saw the vendor and asked. He said there is a can shortage. He did have some in the truck that was not unloaded yet... luckily.

Yppej
    I found a lone bottle of zinc today and bought it. I am also buying an 8 pack of toilet paper every week now so I can build up my supply in case we have more shortages due to a second wave in the fall.

"Emily" delivered my groceries this morning. Lots of LaCroix, among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I found a lone bottle of zinc today and bought it. I am also buying an 8 pack of toilet paper every week now so I can build up my supply in case we have more shortages due to a second wave in the fall.
    I have so much toilet paper you wouldn't believe it, lol.

I am down to my last jumbo pack. May pick up another multi pack this week.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I have so much toilet paper you wouldn't believe it, lol.
    We never hoarded toilet paper and when we began to run low in the midst of the unnecessary shortage we had to be happy with whatever we could find. It turned out to be one-ply. AAACCCKKK!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

My grandmother and my SO both tended to stockpile TP. I'm beginning to see why.

Thread Information