Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventures in grocery shopping

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Ultralight, you don’t understand. Everyone that dies of covid was on death’s doorstep, so their deaths don’t actually count. That 2500/day dead people? They would’ve been dead in the next few years anyway. All covid is doing is making it happen a little quicker. Sure, some might think that a bummer but others are shouting ‘a few early deaths is a small price to pay for muh freedumb! Yay ‘Merica! Eff yeah!’
    The Herman Caine Award is sweet! Google it if you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Or they accept California's plan on recognizing covid is endemic aka like the flu, not the end of the world.
    Lol. Your obsession with hating masks is adorable. You could be in the next Sixth Sense movie sequel. Instead of ‘I see dead people’ you could be ‘I see soon to be dead people’. And audiences will find you as creepy as that little kid.

Yppej
    I just finished Scott Gottlieb's Uncontrolled Spread. One thing he says is that you can expect strong compliance with public health restrictions for two weeks. You all can plan your lives around cowering in fear and avoiding other people the rest of your lives if you want and you'll still get covid. Look at Vivek Murthy so astounded his whole family caught the 'vid because "we were so careful". It's a virus. It doesn't care about your posturing. Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Lol. Your obsession with hating masks is adorable. You could be in the next Sixth Sense movie sequel. Instead of ‘I see dead people’ you could be ‘I see soon to be dead people’. And audiences will find you as creepy as that little kid.
    jp1 zingin' like a champ, baby!

My adventure in grocery shopping today: two bags of groceries = $72. Coffee is very expensive, as is a bag of frozen mixed berries. The rest is just stuff that we needed to fill in the corners for the next week or so...

It's interesting how different things seem to be unavailable in different parts of the country or are available but significantly more expensive in some places. For instance I also went to the grocery store today and and the two pound bag of coffee that I always get was the same as it's been since before the pandemic. But SiouzQ found coffee very expensive.

Yppej
    Despite the high prices I was happy to go to the grocery store today because the employees are no longer forced to wear masks. I hated the double standards where the servant class - or children - or others without power had to wear masks but elites did not. I don't see the Democrats getting the working class back. Maybe if they'd gotten $15 minimum wage in, but nope, not happening.

Yppej
    I got hummus on sale, which is unusual for me as I have pretty much given up prepared food. Got some produce from quick sale for the first time in years. Passed on several items due to outrageous prices. Got iceberg lettuce instead of Little Leaf. Worked around what I have in the house - for instance, I have part of a jar of peanut butter so I got some celery.

At the store entrance I signed papers to get four different Republicans on the ballot.

I am now spending $300 a month on gas, so discretionary spending like food takes the hit.

Ye Gods. Must every. single. discussion. have to devolve into a mask debate? Wednesday our local sports page featured a story about our most low-income high school beginning a fledgling baseball team of mostly freshmen who have never played ball in their lives. The school hasn't fielded a team in years for various reasons, economics and kids having to work to help their families for one. It was a lovely story, full of hope, will, and determination.

The only comments on the online story were about the accompanying photo; it showed kids in a gym in masks. "Free our kids! Schools are abusive! blah blah blah..." Crap, I doubt they even read the story.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Ye Gods. Must every. single. discussion. have to devolve into a mask debate? Wednesday our local sports page featured a story about our most low-income high school beginning a fledgling baseball team of mostly freshmen who have never played ball in their lives. The school hasn't fielded a team in years for various reasons, economics and kids having to work to help their families for one. It was a lovely story, full of hope, will, and determination.

The only comments on the online story were about the accompanying photo; it showed kids in a gym in masks. "Free our kids! Schools are abusive! blah blah blah..." Crap, I doubt they even read the story.
    It is definitely a bit of an obsession for some folks.

Thread Information