Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventures in grocery shopping

My doc had the shingrix vaccine so I did the first one at my annual physical a couple years ago and then the second one a few months later. Both were covered in full by insurance. (Isn't part of the ACA that preventative stuff has no out of pocket cost? That was the case when they did my age 50 colonoscopy. The procedure was fully covered but not the removal of, or lab testing of, the three benign growths that they took out during said procedure.)

Shingrix was fairly unpleasant for me. I had the apparently fairly common (especially among younger people) side effect of a low grade fever for 24 hours as my body's immune system swarmed into action. The first one was bad enough that two hours later I went home from work for the day. I scheduled the second on a friday afternoon so I could just go home and crash if needed, which it was. But I'll take two discrete days of feeling lousy over the misery of shingles for sure!

Went grocery shopping today. Picked up regular Hershey bars, which were on sale for .49 apiece, and a bag of marshmallows for $1. BUT - not a single graham cracker to be found!!

Darn these Covid shortages!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Went grocery shopping today. Picked up regular Hershey bars, which were on sale for .49 apiece, and a bag of marshmallows for $1. BUT - not a single graham cracker to be found!!

Darn these Covid shortages!!!
    Could you use some other cookie?

Sounds like a recipe ingredients for S'mores? Would ginger/sugar cookies or short bread work instead?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Sounds like a recipe ingredients for S'mores? Would ginger/sugar cookies or short bread work instead?
    Yup! I suggested alternatives, but family protested. Nothing but a graham cracker will do for a good s'more. LOL. Fortunately, I stopped at Big Lots last night and there was ONE box on the shelf! Looks like we will be having s'mores this weekend!

But, again, interesting item to find in short supply!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

That’s weird about the graham crackers although my kids loved them with milk when little.

Finally got to making myself a s'more last night... over a candle! LOL. I was the only one wanting one and was not about to fire up a grill just for one s'more. It was really good. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Finally got to making myself a s'more last night... over a candle! LOL. I was the only one wanting one and was not about to fire up a grill just for one s'more. It was really good. LOL.
    One S'more seems like a misnomer.

Finally got to making myself a s'more last night... over a candle!
    reminds me of a life lesson learned during a sleep over at my cousins.... never roast marshmallows over a bayberry candle....

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    One S'more seems like a misnomer.
    In all honesty - I had two.

Thread Information