Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventures in grocery shopping

Well how fearful one should be I guess depends on how many active cases there are around, but that's not easy to find sometimes. But regardless if going to the grocery store is something that must be done, then wear a mask, limit trips, wash hands, and keep calm and carry on, because worry beyond that point doesn't do anything. People here wear masks though (it's the law) and social distance as well in the grocery, that hasn't changed. Stores are less packed mercifully though.
    Trees don't grow on money

It's not helping that I am daily hearing horror stories of acquaintances of friends who spent weeks in hospital, on ventilators, etc. and are only slowly recovering. And deaths. This isn't anything like a flu I've seen before.

I am not saying I am fearless - just less so than perhaps 2-3 weeks ago. I too am befuddled how many people are out and about without masks etc. Traffic is as heavy as ever.

ANM - the scientific community has said the actual infection rate appears to be about 10X or more the tested positive rate.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    It's not helping that I am daily hearing horror stories of acquaintances of friends who spent weeks in hospital, on ventilators, etc. and are only slowly recovering. And deaths. This isn't anything like a flu I've seen before.
    RNs and Docs on vents as long as 19 days. Some in the hospital 50 days! This ain't no sissy shit! Not to mention all the dead ones

Yppej
    All the people I am hearing about - people who I know, or people who they personally know - sick with covid are the elderly or people with underlying issues who might have experienced the same outcomes with the flu. One person told me her mother had such a poor quality of life that it was a blessing she died. If this is most people's lived experience it will not matter what the pundits say., they will want to reopen the country and get back to normal. Reports of covid as exceptional come across as crying wolf when they do not match people's lived experiences.

I don't personally know anyone or anyone who knows anyone with Covid-19. A childhood friend I've recently become Facebook friends with reported that his mother had it but that was before she was tested, she didn't have it afterall.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

One of my daughter's best friends had it (35 y.o.). Her mother had it. They both recovered, but it was not fun.

I just found out about an hour ago that one of friend's father was just tested positive. 94 years old. In a nursing home in CT.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Well not knowing anyone who had it, I see the numbers for the state of CA and the huge population of the state, no it's not many presently. Doesn't mean it couldn't be as hey it is running through a virgin population everywhere on earth pretty much with no exposure, that' what one is actually looking at, all "anecdotes are data" arguments aside. Including the places where many have died, even then most have not been exposed.
    Trees don't grow on money

Most people with underlying issues do not die from the regular flu. The Covid numbers are much more than the deaths from the flu. Luckily I know no one IRL who is taking it lightly whether young or older.

Thread Information