Thread: Adventures in grocery shopping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yppej
    Since not a single case of covid has been linked to surface contamination a while back my state started allowing reusable bags again. So imagine my surprise today when for the first time a cashier told me I can't start loading my stuff on the end of the conveyor belt until the person ahead of me is all checked out, although that person is more than 6 feet away from me. It would be one thing if they were spraying down the belt between customers like some stores (Kohls is one) do, but they are not. I asked, "Is this something new?" The cashier did not give me any response at all, very rude. I went to a different checkout line and next week I think I will go to a different supermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Since not a single case of covid has been linked to surface contamination a while back my state started allowing reusable bags again. So imagine my surprise today when for the first time a cashier told me I can't start loading my stuff on the end of the conveyor belt until the person ahead of me is all checked out, although that person is more than 6 feet away from me. It would be one thing if they were spraying down the belt between customers like some stores (Kohls is one) do, but they are not. I asked, "Is this something new?" The cashier did not give me any response at all, very rude. I went to a different checkout line and next week I think I will go to a different supermarket.
    The event and response just strikes me as very over-the-top funny. So sorry you were inconvenienced. Hope the next grocery store better suits your expectations.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I wondered about this too. Now our Meijer is back to having the little bars between orders and they don't wipe anything down anymore, not the belt or the keypad. I guess I am never sure what the routine is supposed to be on any given shopping day. I'm trying to do more self check out, but it's easier for me to do the regular check out.

Anyway, I'm glad that groceries have gotten away from the one way feet marks. That was not working very well! I'm also surprised by how different it is to shop early in the day, versus late in the day. Got to remember to go first thing in the morning.

Thread Information