Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Adventures in grocery shopping

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    I suspect the natural disasters of wildfires and floods have disrupted the supply chain, in this case, trucking routes.
    I'm in the firestorm of the NW. Trucks are moving fresh produce just fine.

We have no limits at our stores.

Grocery shopping yesterday and bagged apples were back in stock. Not as many as previously, but quite a bit. You were probably right, mschrisgo2 and others, who said it was probably supply line.

Had a very short list this time and kept my portion under $50, so added a pre-packaged donation bag of food. I like that the grocery store is doing that now. Having it pre-bagged for purchase and ready for delivery must make it easier all around.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

Still a bit nervous about supply. Am seeing a few bare shelves. I have everything stocked as I would for winter preparation. I bought a few extra things because prices seem to be going up as well.

Our closest Kroger had yeast on the shelf and two different types in jars. Wow. Have not seen this in awhile.

Yeah, we have only had the packets, no jars at all for months.

The stores are increasingly a free for all. Lots of people ignore the directional arrows on the aisles. They stand right next to you. Even at checkout where there are markings every six feet some guy was standing one foot away from me. Although social distancing is much more important than mask wearing it is not enforced. The Boards of Health only impose fines for mask noncompliance. They are not doing a good job. I thought of saying something to the guy crowding me in the checkout lane, but then I said to myself if no one in government cares about the real risk factors, and they want to focus on placebos like poorly fitted non-N95 masks why should I care? If I get covid I get it. We all have to die of something some day. Get the government and its mandates off my back and maybe I will care again.

Another thing that has gone by the wayside is extra cleaning, of credit card keypads etc. I have seen this at my own job where the woman assigned to do covid cleaning has not done it for months now, as well as at stores that used to clean by the registers and the conveyor belt between customers but don't anymore.

I feel like things were a lot safer when people were being told not to wear masks but save them for health care workers, because LOTS of other things were being done to keep people safe.

Y, masks aren’t causing your unhappiness. They are something to focus on but definitely not the cause. I hope you figure out what is really bothering you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The stores are increasingly a free for all. Lots of people ignore the directional arrows on the aisles. They stand right next to you. Even at checkout where there are markings every six feet some guy was standing one foot away from me. Although social distancing is much more important than mask wearing it is not enforced. The Boards of Health only impose fines for mask noncompliance. They are not doing a good job. I thought of saying something to the guy crowding me in the checkout lane, but then I said to myself if no one in government cares about the real risk factors, and they want to focus on placebos like poorly fitted non-N95 masks why should I care? If I get covid I get it. We all have to die of something some day. Get the government and its mandates off my back and maybe I will care again.

Another thing that has gone by the wayside is extra cleaning, of credit card keypads etc. I have seen this at my own job where the woman assigned to do covid cleaning has not done it for months now, as well as at stores that used to clean by the registers and the conveyor belt between customers but don't anymore.

I feel like things were a lot safer when people were being told not to wear masks but save them for health care workers, because LOTS of other things were being done to keep people safe.
    “Messaging that people need to wear a mask is essential, but insufficient,” she said. “It should go hand in hand with education that masks don’t give you a free pass to see as many people as you want. You still need to strictly limit your contacts.”

From a link you thought important in another thread. https://www.mychamplainvalley.com/ne...ndates-needed/

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Y, masks aren’t causing your unhappiness. They are something to focus on but definitely not the cause. I hope you figure out what is really bothering you.
    I am thinking you are right about this, TT.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

Thread Information