Page 37 of 66 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventures in grocery shopping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Worked the day shift today as school was closed to teachers, students and other staff, so I had time to stop at Aldi's on the way home. Wanted to pick up some of the coffee that we enjoy and was initially told it was out of stock. Found it! Got four! As well as a few other things, of course, but.....
    . .
    Happy Stuff - what coffee do you like at Aldi? I buy the yellow bricks of Cafe Bustelo.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    . .
    Happy Stuff - what coffee do you like at Aldi? I buy the yellow bricks of Cafe Bustelo.
    My husband is a fan of the Cafe Clasico Dark Roast instant. Can't beat the price and, again, he likes it. I'm not there... yet. If prices keep going up, both of us switching to that would definitely be more frugal.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Worked the day shift today as school was closed to teachers, students and other staff, so I had time to stop at Aldi's on the way home. Wanted to pick up some of the coffee that we enjoy and was initially told it was out of stock. Found it! Got four! As well as a few other things, of course, but.....
    Can't let the coffee be lonely on the trip home!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Can't let the coffee be lonely on the trip home!
    Actually, I did NOT get a cart, so it wasn't as bad quantity-wise as it could have been. LOL
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Actually, I did NOT get a cart, so it wasn't as bad quantity-wise as it could have been. LOL
    A slight digression, but I notice that if I go into a store like Marshall's or TJ Maxx or Target with my sister, she always grabs a cart and I never do. Her default assumption is that she will be buying more than she can comfortably carry, and I only get a cart if and when I have too much in my arms to comfortably carry. My default assumption is that I will not be buying anything. Of course, if I'm with her, I just use her cart, lol.

I still haven’t been in a grocery store in a while. I’m still ordering on Amazon for groceries. People elsewhere are reporting shortages of milk, bread, eggs, pasta at their grocery stores. No chicken to be had. No storms in their areas either.

I'm still mostly just seeing the cat food shortage. There are occasional random things I won't see for a few weeks, like small cans of pineapple juice for my mom. Then they will have it again.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    A slight digression, but I notice that if I go into a store like Marshall's or TJ Maxx or Target with my sister, she always grabs a cart and I never do. Her default assumption is that she will be buying more than she can comfortably carry, and I only get a cart if and when I have too much in my arms to comfortably carry. My default assumption is that I will not be buying anything. Of course, if I'm with her, I just use her cart, lol.
    The idea of going shopping without a set list of items that one plans to buy boggles my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    The idea of going shopping without a set list of items that one plans to buy boggles my mind.
    I do grocery shop with a list, but often pick up a few extra things along the way. I've got to start sticking to the list.

I always grocery shop with a list, and I always have a list for places like Costco. I also have a "Needful Things" list, which is kind of a "be on the lookout for miscellaneous items" list. But I can be out and about with Sis on some planned errands, and she might want to run into Target for X, for example. While she is there, there is no telling what else she might pick up.

Thread Information