Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is a “Karen”?

Is Karen related to Felicia?

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    Is Karen related to Felicia?
    No doubt.

I want you out of the house.jpg

I find it all amusing and who doesn't need to laugh right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I find it all amusing and who doesn't need to laugh right now?
    I agree.. I think these are hilarious! I never heard of "Karen" before.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    That is funny!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/07/s...karentown.html
    If you have time, go to "Reader Picks" in the "Comments." Not all the readers were amused, but then we never are.

Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/07/s...karentown.html
    If you have time, go to "Reader Picks" in the "Comments." Not all the readers were amused, but then we never are.
    I won't sign up to read it. I have no doubt many are not amused.

I love the NYT readers comments. The narcissism, the preening, the status anxiety, the rigid orthodoxy, the moral panic at the very thought someone may think differently. The tension between the urge to sneer at the middle class and the instinctual need to treat the mockery of any woman’s behavior of any sort as an affront to feminism.

Anything from “My name is Karen and I’m absolutely wonderful” to generations, classes, genders and races battling for ultimate victim status.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I love the NYT readers comments. The narcissism, the preening, the status anxiety, the rigid orthodoxy, the moral panic at the very thought someone may think differently. The tension between the urge to sneer at the middle class and the instinctual need to treat the mockery of any woman’s behavior of any sort as an affront to feminism.

Anything from “My name is Karen and I’m absolutely wonderful” to generations, classes, genders and races battling for ultimate victim status.
    I disagree! What drivel you just spouted about comments that you happen to disagree with. I have not read the NYT, to be honest, but still see your comments as drivel along the same nature that you are deriding.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

anyone who has ever lived as a woman in this society for any period of time and thought about it, can sense the latent sexism in such memes. I mean really.

However the stuff posted in this thread was pretty funny, I suspect it has a darker side than this, but yea funny.

I have no idea what the NYT article is about either, I'm Gen X and I don't think I know any "Karen's" I'm not sure I even know any people named Karen, one person my age as a kid I think, and someone's mom as a kid (so of course no Gen Xer).
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information