Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I understand why I perceive trumpers to be stupid eff's

I think I understand why I perceive trumpers to be stupid eff's

It's clear now why I'm not surprised that trumpies who only watch faux news are as ignorant as they are. SO just spent the last 20 minutes switching back and forth between faux and cnn. (Why I allowed myself to participate, I'm not sure beyond the fact that I was dealing with the evening's dishes...) One channel was nonstop pressing absurd conspiracy theories that china intentionally caused covid-19 (admittedly most intelligent people long ago figured out that tucker carlson isn't really a very bright or honest person...), the other was soberly discussing how we recover from this and move forward.

Jp, do you give any traction to the theory that this Covid19 virus came out of a Wuhan lab? I first heard it weeks ago from a Fox watching friend, but now it is reappearing as ?mainstream? I’m not even sure it was floated by Fox at first. Since we don’t have cable at home and I never watch it in Herman I don’t watch Fox News.

I do ascribe to the idea that China knows exactly how many people died of Covid19 because they have societal monitoring systems to measure that. They also feel no obligation to share that info, secretive as they are. Was it deliberately released? I doubt it.

Personally, I don't believe it was deliberate.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

While I don't believe it to be deliberate, I've talked with enough Asian people, whose view is China always thinks long term enough, that the idea that China could "accidentally" release a population reducing pandemic, into the world, could reduce the resources the world has to share, is something that some believe.

I gotta say, with all respect, OP, that when I view any person as being "a stupid eff" I have to step back and look at how I am approaching the world. Just sayin'.

I will never understand this faith some have in the ineffable power of Fox News; to the point where “Fox News Talking Point” is a sort of chant or incantation against evil political spirits.

The influence of cable news in general and Fox in particular seems fairly minimal to me. Fox’s criticism of Obama never seemed all that effective. The hostility they expressed toward Trump during the 2016 primaries wasn’t very telling. They certainly didn’t seem to have minimized the 2018 disaster in any significant way.

So why has Fox become such a name to conjure with when the Left needs a boogeymen/scapegoat? I’m not talking about anecdotal stories about benighted family members. I’m talking about influence in the real world. Is it simply just an outlier on the woke media universe?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Is it simply just an outlier on the woke media universe?
    I think it's a cultural/ideological boogieman to many who can't separate news from opinion and have a low tolerance for opinions that may not line up perfectly with theirs. In my experience, they also seem to have a great deal of intolerance at their core.

I think it's exacerbated by the trend of presenting news as entertainment. MSNBC and CNN audiences really enjoy having their favorite opinion personalities slam their biggest competitor so the demonization becomes profitable.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

CNN is garbage, I had to watch it in the lobby at work constantly at one time. GARBAGE.

Fox may be garbage too for sure, the thing is I've never had to watch much Fox so I can't say that I've watched almost any Fox in my life. But as for people being influenced by Fox, I think it's probably PART of a larger right-wing media complex people find themselves involved in. And of course such echo chambers influence people. But ... but the left has echo chambers. This is true and some of them get it wrong for sure, I just don't think it's the equivalent degree of misinformation. Of course I don't consider CNN on the left, I consider it corporate and warmongering, and boring really, covering the same stories all the time, lest any new news break in.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    CNN is garbage, I had to watch it in the lobby at work constantly at one time. GARBAGE.

Fox may be garbage too for sure, the thing is I've never had to watch much Fox so I haven't.
    Frankly, the only time I feel sorry for Trump is when I watch CNN. Sometimes I actually feel his frustration with mainstream media. Not enough to vote for him but enough to understand that no one side holds the whole truth, and the media has a LOT of power to propagandize.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Born in L.A.-NYC 2nd Home-Rustbelt is home base
    OP...it has nothing to do with what you write about. As usual, lefties don't have a clue why we vote for Trump.

Here is it in a comix for you that explains it nice and simple. Make sure you click on image to see properly.

nsfw

https://archive.org/search.php?query...s%202%20Dagger

Now, there is no argument that Trump is a lying con man. But the dems are always a worse alternative.

Thread Information